+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 310 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm Timothy.

I would love to hear your MBL's Jerry. They are one of the Omni's that I have never gotten an opportunity to take a listen to, I keep thinking I will hit one of our audio shows over here in the states and get that chance, but always seem to be too busy to get to one. You certainly have a fine list of gear there too!

I'm gone.

Hi Timothy - well, you are more than welcome to pop in, but I do understand that it's a fair old trip from Indiana.

Yes, the MBLs are well worth a listen, very special speakers.

I used to do the full 'boxswap thing' changing a component every month or so, including speakers. But I've had the MBLs well over 5 years now and they are here for the duration as far as I am concerned.
    Other hifi items continue to come and go, though. I just like to try different things.

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Hi Timothy - well, you are more than welcome to pop in, but I do understand that it's a fair old trip from Indiana.

Yes, the MBLs are well worth a listen, very special speakers.

I used to do the full 'boxswap thing' changing a component every month or so, including speakers. But I've had the MBLs well over 5 years now and they are here for the duration as far as I am concerned.
    Other hifi items continue to come and go, though. I just like to try different things.
    Sounds like you have settled on a desert island speaker there.

I'm gone.

Yup, they do what I want.

I'm Timothy.

Yes it would be a bit of a long row over, someday maybe! Isn't it nice when you can reach that point-especially in a speaker where you can just leave well enough alone for the most part? Or anything really for that matter! I love speakers, they are my one real "problem" area, yet have resisted swapping my Larsens out in general since I bought them 3 years ago. Yes, I have flirted with other things, but nothing has been more constant speaker wise. Now with the Shahinian Larcs, I do have something else to play about with every now and then, but at some point, they will probably end up in the bedroom, maybe. I guess I feel pretty content overall with the system and setup. Fun to play though!

I'm gone.

Dave's comment uplifted from Macca's blog ...

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Jerry was going to try a Crown D-60 and supposedly bought one, but he's never mentioned it since so I suspect he didn't like it.
    Ah, no.
    It arrived and looked tatty, as expected. So I took it along to my current hifi fixer and left it with him to check over before I hooked it up in my system. Phone call a few days later - it's been completely trashed inside by a bodger - completely non-economic to fix. So I dumped it in the recycling.

I'm gone.

My room is moderately tidy at the moment, for some reason. So a good opportunity for a room-system-shot with the current setup.
    Nice dim lighting.

I'm Alan.

Looking good Jerry.

Any chance of trying my AIR power amp on your maggies at some time?

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm gone.

The Maggies are in mid-Wales, which may make things tricky?

Above are the MBLs in Glos.

I'm Dave.

Those MBLs look the business Jerry. Very nice indeed.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

+ Reply to Thread