+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 310 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I prefer these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hitatchi-C...item33a8deb2cf

If t'were nearer I'd probably snaffle them myself
    No grab handles, dodgy late '80s aesthetics: They might sound better than my favourites but they don't look it
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Brian.

Hope it's a BIG bag o'money Martin . The more the merrier . I could do with one of those myself . I'll be watching with interest
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Another example is this Yammy B2 V-FET jobbie. Supposed to be very good.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/YAMAHA-B2x-Re...item2a55f3bb55
    That link is to a B2x, which is Class A but not a VFET unit - you're thinking of the B2 shown here - http://www.thevintageknob.org/yamaha-B-2.html. I bought myself a B2 recently after years of searching, as it happens!

As to the Hitachi units that have been mentioned, as I understood it they "allegedly" had a reputation as measuring very well but sounding very drab. However, I had a long listen to a friend's HMA-6500 recently, and can only conclude that it must have been faulty as it was utterly superb. I'm also keen to try one of the bigger ones and, like Jerry, am wishing those 8500s weren't so far away!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Those Hitachi weren't made by Naim, so this automatically condemned them in so many blinkered eyes

Lots of amps made to a sort-of Hitachi spec that sound fine today if properly serviced - Myst, HH MOS-FET models and I believe the Pace/Tresham/Tannoy amps were too.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Neil.

Default New speakers and amps

LFD has worked wonders with the Hitachi style amps.

This design is extremely layout and parts sensitive due to the simplicity. Myst and LFD understood the importance of star grounding in this design.
    Last edited by Yomanze; 11-09-2015 at 09:11.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm gone.

He he he he - this is stupidly cute and sounds damn fine!

It's tiny! -- less than 9 inches wide.

10wpc if the wind is in the right direction.
    Similar valve line-up to a Leak Stereo 20 - 2 EL84 power valves a side. And a couple of 5750 input valves - I've just ordered a pair of GE type as they are supposed to be a worthwhile upgrade.
    The EL84 are Sovtek.

Playing some solo lute music at the moment - gorgeous!

I'm Grant.

Looks like one of those music angel jobbies
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

It's a Yarland FV-34CIII

I'm gone.

... I don't think I'll be taking it round to Justin's on Friday though to try out on his big Apogees.

I'm Justin.

I think we should attach the output of the Accuphase to the input of the Yarland and turn everything to 11

+ Reply to Thread