RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm ILOB.

Wow what a lovelly looking Turntable very elegant
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm gone.

Yup - it is nice. Photos make it look a bit like a flying saucer (my wife says!) becuase of the lights and the raised circular platter area, but 'in person' the actuality looks even better. .... & it sounds good, too.

I'm gone.

New Toys !!

OMG - simply superb in so many ways!

... yes, I know the room's a mess , but I'd only just set 'em up and stuff was still all over the place!

I'm Paul.

Yep panels are something else arn't they. I found that having them so close to the walls spoiled things a little due to the reflections. I bought some egg box profile acoustic foam and placed it right behind the panels. This tidied things up really well. I did make some absorption panels a while a go which did help but not as much as the foam and its more descrete.
    ~Paul~

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    I found that having them so close to the walls spoiled things a little due to the reflections. I bought some egg box profile acoustic foam and placed it right behind the panels. This tidied things up really well.
    Ah, now that is interesting. Thanks, Paul.

I've just submitted an eBay offer for some.

My one criticism of the sound at the moment is that it can get a bit forward once things get more than moderately loud if there is a lot of hi freq content - especially on 'full bore' orchestral. Do you think the egg box approach might help with this?
    Last edited by jandl100; 10-01-2009 at 11:38.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    Yep panels are something else arn't they. I found that having them so close to the walls spoiled things a little due to the reflections.
    I've got them firing across the width of my 12x20 ft room at the mo. I tried them out as far as 4 feet from the wall, but I prefer the slightly fuller sound of them at just under 3 feet.

I've just received a 6m length of my fave Black Mamba speaker cable which will enable me to easily fire the CLSs down the length of the room without having to move all the kit around. That should easily allow me to have up to 6 feet behind the speakers. Will try that sometime soon.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Ahhh, MartinLogan CLSs, lovely stuff. I believe this is/was their only non-hybrid model? They certainly need some space those, great sound once they're set up though.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm gone.

Well, there's always their new CLX at £25k

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    My one criticism of the sound at the moment is that it can get a bit forward once things get more than moderately loud if there is a lot of hi freq content - especially on 'full bore' orchestral. Do you think the egg box approach might help with this?
    Funny you should say that I found that the foam reduced the highs a bit. This might be something to do with the rear reflections not hitting the wall and coming back slightly out out time.

I've read somewhere that if you shoot down the room you should put some absorption on the side walls just behind the panels. So if you get some foam it will be useful whatever you do. TBH at the moment room treatment is making the largest changes and its the least expensive.
    ~Paul~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 310 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast