Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
Yo Macca yes that is the foo.

Diceman - what I really don't like about the MiniDSP is the A/D and D/A process between the pre an power amps to enable the fucking around. And the dissimilar power amps I'd have to use. Time alignment is not an issue with a Duetta as it is excellent anyway. I do use digital processing in the form of rapidly on-the-fly GUI driven PEQ. In fact I'm cutting the 8-9K region now as I listen by a couple of DB. But it is all done without the A/D D/A intervention i.e. before the digital input hits the DAC. Good I think.

Those Jantzen inductors use lovely looking copper with silver plated tags. Much better looking than the Monocor ones I am using now. They are also massively larger and heavier than the Monocor for the same inductance (can that really be a good thing?). I've got some pretty huge Mundorfs in the crossovers too but by looks alone the Jantzens look better. Danish quality I guess.

Will wire the foo up tomoz. I will say though the Monocor stuff is brilliant for the money. Such cheapness actually sounds great right now as I am listening on some of the best speakers I have ever heard LOL.That said I did swap in a couple of original Apogee Ohmites recently to replace a couple of Monocor resistors and they are better. Still they are cheap too.

Curious as to what will happen with the foo.

Sorry Jezzer but sure you won't mind too much.

That said I completely agree the flexibility to mess around with an active solution is unparalled JP.

And a word to Ali - still have really fond memories of your OBs. Outstanding for the cost. Were you using the MiniDSP then?
Sorry, missed this, yes was using the 2x4 MiniDSP then. The OB's are now four way and I use the 4x10HD. The speakers now sound considerably better than they did when you heard them.