+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 310 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by hornucopia View Post
    Bay City Rollers?
    i recall theirs were only 'half-mast'.
    reputedly, when asked why their trousers were short, by Pr. Margaret, one replied "We're saving up for the other half".
    I was in a Club with Mal Evans (RIP) where those idiots were making a drunken fuss.

Bright clothes? Me-just prior to leaving/retiring......speakers in background, Heathkit Westminsters (?)

A fair looking lady in the photo with you! Perhaps you know her?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Hmm - these might well do me for quite a while.
    It's the refreshed annual budget - I just can't help myself.

Trigon TRE 50 monoblocks.
    Umm - nice. Monoblock amplifiers having a balanced input - just what I like to use.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

They have the whole Darth Vader vibe going on. Very cool.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm gone.

Trigon grew out of Restek, I believe. Although I am not entirely clear on the relationship.
    I used to suspect that Restek became Trigon, but it may be that Trigon was formed by ex-Restek engineers.
    I dunno!

I owned a Restek Consens preamp for a couple of years and was very impressed with it, so when these minty Vaderish lovelies came along on eBay, and with my hifi budget newly replenished ... well, it would have been daft not to really!

They are a current model, and available new from Audio Emotion in the UK. https://www.audioemotion.co.uk/trigo...lock-782-p.asp

I'm Chris.

Alpha GT query...
    Know her? I employed her! She was a bit of a poseur.Potential model. Never hurt to employ good looking people, as long as they could do the job properly. I did have a ditzy Saturday girl whose ambition was just 'to be famous'! She was useless! Once had a manager who was a Belly Dancer....... but I was once told I was the only boss (she'd had) that danced while he worked!
    The food was good too! Own recipe bread roll with local products/own blend coffee and tea/made our own ingredients.....started in 1979! It still rolls on without me, (though I suspect not as well.)
    Chris.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by hornucopia View Post
    Alpha GT query...
    Know her? I employed her! She was a bit of a poseur.Potential model. Never hurt to employ good looking people, as long as they could do the job properly. I did have a ditzy Saturday girl whose ambition was just 'to be famous'! She was useless! Once had a manager who was a Belly Dancer....... but I was once told I was the only boss (she'd had) that danced while he worked!
    The food was good too! Own recipe bread roll with local products/own blend coffee and tea/made our own ingredients.....started in 1979! It still rolls on without me, (though I suspect not as well.)
    Thanks Chris, it sounds like you really enjoyed your job and miss your profession? I wish I could look back with such fondness. But, I guess I do look back fondly at some of my employees and coworkers, working with good people can make all the difference. And if they are easy on the eye, all the better.

Russell

I'm Justin.

Trigon grew out of Restek, I believe. Although I am not entirely clear on the relationship.
    I used to suspect that Restek became Trigon, but it may be that Trigon was formed by ex-Restek engineers.
    I dunno!

I owned a Restek Consens preamp for a couple of years and was very impressed with it, so when these minty Vaderish lovelies came along on eBay, and with my hifi budget newly replenished ... well, it would have been daft not to really!

They are a current model, and available new from Audio Emotion in the UK. https://www.audioemotion.co.uk/trigo...lock-782-p.asp
    Probably pretty damned good then like that Restek pre I borrowed off you? I won't let you answer that. We'll just see how long it takes for a change to come along.

I must say in silver they look totally fab in the Audio Emotion shot.

I'm gone.

I must admit I do prefer the silver fascia, too!

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Jerry, I would suggest better valves will yield better results. A pair of new old stock Telefunkens really brought the best out of my Monoblocks.
    You are not wrong, Oli!

Recently received a NOS Telefunken EC85 and just yesterday swapped it into my Firebottle AIR power amp.

Yoiks!

The Valvo and Siemens valves were good, but the Tele has taken the AIR to a new level of transparency and dynamics. Clarity! - not everyone wants it, but it does the biz for me.
    Synergy in spades.

Thanks for the reccie, Oli.

Bigman80 Guest

You are not wrong, Oli!

Recently received a NOS Telefunken EC85 and just yesterday swapped it into my Firebottle AIR power amp.

Yoiks!

The Valvo and Siemens valves were good, but the Tele has taken the AIR to a new level of transparency and dynamics. Clarity! - not everyone wants it, but it does the biz for me.
    Synergy in spades.

Thanks for the reccie, Oli.
    You're welcome Jerry,

They really bring the transparency and clarity I'm looking for and yes, WOWZER! is the exact reaction I have when I put them in every bit of kit I get.

Money well spent

+ Reply to Thread