Page 206 of 310 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm Grant.

Feel free to post it for free too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

danilo Guest

As alternate for diy keeners....there is THIS 'good as it gets' Buffer as a partial 'kit' 40$ + Postage
    https://www.passdiy.com/store
    Even the schematic is freely provided for the download... for those who prefer to match their own sourced jfets

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    I've no idea... But the customer is always right.... and so the customer will get a very good buffer stage which will do exactly what the specs describe. It will buffer from high impedance, giving zero voltage gain, a wide frequency response, very low distortion and offer a a very low output impedance, as seen by the next stage, of 23R. It will do so using discrete single ended circuitry. Adding one of these straight after a passive pre basically makes it an active pre of the purest possible topology.... and I'll try it in that context in my own system out of interest
    I'd be interested if that makes any difference - especially with 5m+ of cables. I found a noticeable drop in quality with my passive (DACT stepped attenuator) with cables much over 2-3m so its not worthless if it gets over that problem

I'm gone.

It's a bit like rabbits, systems seem to be proliferating at the moment.

3rd system now up & going. It's CD based.
    In my conservatory.

I want the electronics close at hand to my cumfy chair.
    I want it non-intrusive so it must be able to sit on the window ledges.
    The system must have a L/R balance control as the speakers are not the same distance away.

The amp I am using is bat shit crazy.
    The CD player is a Walkman-like portable.
    And the speakers have been moved on from my 2nd system - those delightful gloss white Klegg Symphony 102 standmounts.

The amp is a Kinter MA-180.
    I don't think the 180 stands for 180wpc, though. Not even 90wpc.
    It's a tiny class D chip amp - probably shoving out about 4wpc.
    It cost me £10.41 including delivery, brand spanking new. The eBay ad implied it came with a PSU, it didn't, but I had one to hand so no worries.
    To say I had dubious expectations about its performance would be no exaggeration.

The CD player is just a plain vanilla portable with a wallwart PSU so I don't have to bother with batteries.

Both can be reached easily from my Chair of Choice.

Speakers placed in the corners, you can just see one peeking out in the 3rd pic.

How does it sound?
    shit
    No!! - actually it's just fine and perfect for relaxed, chilled out, non-obsessive listening.
    I can even crank it up a bit - I was quite startled to hear genuine, taut controlled and decent bass.
    It might cost only a £tenner but the amp is like most/all of the little chip amps in that it's pretty damn decent.
    The system has way exceeded my expectations.
    Last edited by jandl100; 26-05-2017 at 06:23.

I'm brian.

Nice greenery Jerry, particularly like those long stem jobbies at the front. Must get me self down to home base.

I'm gone.

Yeah, the wife gets a bit out of hand and tends to turn everything into a greenhouse.
    I like it.

I'm brian.

So Do I.! Could be a good sound diffuser as well if placed mid speaker position ?

I'm Jez.

OK well here's the finished article, crap photography 'n all:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarrish View Post
    I'd be interested if that makes any difference - especially with 5m+ of cables. I found a noticeable drop in quality with my passive (DACT stepped attenuator) with cables much over 2-3m so its not worthless if it gets over that problem
    I hugely underestimated the labour involved when I "pulled a figure out of the air" for the rice so I'm afraid any further units will be double what I charged Jerry, ie £150. Sorry. Still excellent value I believe. About 4 hours labour an £20 in parts and I only charged £75 for the first one...

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by danilo View Post
    As alternate for diy keeners....there is THIS 'good as it gets' Buffer as a partial 'kit' 40$ + Postage
    https://www.passdiy.com/store
    Even the schematic is freely provided for the download... for those who prefer to match their own sourced jfets
    I'd expect mine to beat it.

+ Reply to Thread