+ Reply to Thread
Page 199 of 310 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm Russell.

The beauty of the Magnum Dynalab is in the hearing! Wonderful FM music, easy to listen to. I guess it seems logical
    That big speakers sound big, and quite often do. But I've heard some well made little speakers with a sub in the corner that also sound very big! And often with greater pin point soundstaging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm gone.

Sadly that beauty would be lost for me, FM reception is pretty much zero where I live.

I'm gone.

Nobby is back in harness.

-- aka Nobsound NS-02G - my John Linsley Hood circuit 10wpc class A solid state Chinese amp.
    Nobsound.

It sounds fabulously transparent and 3D and detailed after about a 1 hour warm up.

My vintage Philips Black Tulip pre/power is resting for a while.

Here's Nobby lit up with Tiffy in the foreground....

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Nobby is back in harness.

-- aka Nobsound NS-02G - my John Linsley Hood circuit 10wpc class A solid state Chinese amp.
    Nobsound.

It sounds fabulously transparent and 3D and detailed after about a 1 hour warm up.

My vintage Philips Black Tulip pre/power is resting for a while.

Here's Nobby lit up with Tiffy in the foreground....

I saw one on eBay,. What's the verdict of the Nobsound ?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Nathan.

I have 37 packages en-route via China Post. I went on a Chinese clone kit buying spree a couple of weeks ago.

I'm gone.

Like I said ...

It really does sound awful when you first turn it on, though - it's quite like having your speakers out of phase. After 10 minutes or so it starts to come together.
    It gets quite warm.

I've not heard a better amp if you want accuracy - but you do need to be able to get away with 10wpc which kind of limits speaker and/or music choice.
    It's fine for my 86dB/W (effective in-room efficiency) easy to drive speakers on pretty much any classical music, but I have heard it clip on rock music played loud.
    You just need to pair it sensibly with speakers.
    I don't like Tannoys personally, but I can imagine it being a superb choice for those that do.

It's very low noise, I use it with the volume turned up to max (with volume controlled elsewhere) and there is no amp noise at all through my MBL speakers.

I'm Nathan.

I play rock music loud. My speakers are 98dB, but they seem to like some headroom. I never get the knob to halfway on a 35-45 watt amp, but they really seem to light up on amps that have the extra power on tap.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    It really does sound awful when you first turn it on, though - it's quite like having your speakers out of phase. After 10 minutes or so it starts to come together.
    It gets quite warm.
    That's much like my Monarchy Audio Class A amps. They sound crude, dead and flat when first turned on. The magic starts about ten or fifteen minutes later. The transformation is unbelievable. Puts a grin on my face each time.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    That's much like my Monarchy Audio Class A amps. They sound crude, dead and flat when first turned on. The magic starts about ten or fifteen minutes later. The transformation is unbelievable. Puts a grin on my face each time.
    Hmm.
    I have previously 'dissed' those Monarchy amps.
    I had some on loan and they sounded awful - dead, flat, boring.
    However, although it is many years ago and I cannot remember, it is possible that I didn't give them a chance to warm up!
    I wouldn't have believed it possible that an amp can change so much as it warms up until I heard it with Nobby.
    I may well have sold the Monarchy amps seriously short. Mayhap those class A tranny amps do all need quite a while to come on song?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nthall View Post
    I have 37 packages en-route via China Post. I went on a Chinese clone kit buying spree a couple of weeks ago.
    Lmao. That'll keep you busy

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread