+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 310 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm Grant.

Are the valve heaters dc regulated too. If so then it should be fine.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tubehunter View Post
    It’s closer to 10%

220 + 22 = 242

So not really, no
    I made worst case possible voltage (obviously without a regenerator) as 240v + 24 = 264.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    I made worst case possible voltage (obviously without a regenerator) as 240v + 24 = 264.
    From Wiki:

"In the UK and Australia the nominal supply voltage is 230V +10%/−6% to accommodate the fact that most supplies are in fact still 240V."

So 253V max if in spec. My regen says mine is 246V.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    From Wiki:

"In the UK and Australia the nominal supply voltage is 230V +10%/−6% to accommodate the fact that most supplies are in fact still 240V."

So 253V max if in spec. My regen says mine is 246V.
    Been discussing this with a proper hardware engineer today. Without further definitive information it is actually impossible to say whether a higher voltage 253V input will be OK with certainty without more information.

Personally I wouldn't worry unless the unit gets really hot. There's some appreciable heat sinks where the PS hooks up to the mobo and the unit has adequate vent holes above them.

But what do I or he know.

I'm gone.

I got a pair of Reflektor 6n3 valves today (only need one for the 01A but they were sold in pairs).
    Anyone with one of these DACs like to try my spare one?

Grant - did my valves turn up ok?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I got a pair of Reflektor 6n3 valves today (only need one for the 01A but they were sold in pairs).
    Anyone with one of these DACs like to try my spare one?

Grant - did my valves turn up ok?
    lol, was just thinking about those and this post appears... no not yet... was going to ask as well, how do you put the vc into the mix for the pre? your one was like that..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Brian.

Can I try one of these valves please Jerry ?
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    how do you put the vc into the mix for the pre? your one was like that..
    Hmm, I seem to recall there is an internal jumper.
    Just looked in the manual I got with my new DAC and it doesn't mention it at all!

Mine came with the vc only set to adjust headphone volume, but that's fine for me with my new shitty Schiit Saga preamp.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Can I try one of these valves please Jerry ?
    OK - I have your addy, I'll send it on.

I'm Brian.

Thanks Jerry
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

+ Reply to Thread