Page 186 of 310 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm Grant.

Its raining men
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    This place is turning into a Pantomime...
    Oh no it isn't.

Look behiiiind you!!

I'm Alan.

Right time of year

I'm Martin.

I've heard Spotify sound flat and dynamically compressed with Steely Dan, and very good with Gil Scot Heron. So the truth is that it is a mixed bag. I don't like it on principle because it isn't 'full fat', and as enthusiasts we shouldn't be supporting lossy compression in playback. Also, as with any streaming service, you have no idea where they got the recording from. Could be off a £1 compilation cd bought in a motorway service station.

I know some people only use it to check out new material, but you can do that on Youtube for free.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm gone.

^ Needless to say, I disagree.
    But then I often disagree with Martin.

____

On a (possibly) less contentious subject, here is my current selection of favourite headphones ....

B&O H6, PSB M4U-1 and B&O Form 2.

All different sounding.

- The PSB (red) is very solid sounding, well balanced but with genuine deep bass (unusual in headphones, ime), very good detail and just a little closed in compared to the others.
    - The B&O Form 2a (the frog green ones) are light and cheap and amazingly good, with genuine bass, surprising in a small headphone. Unlike the other two, they are a kind of open back, but with very low sound leakage - I can't quite figure that one out! Great 'phones, a real surprise.
    I also have a pair of black Form 2.
    - The B&O H6 (mk1) are my most recent acquisition - just a few days ago. They were 'as new' and barely used from eBay. I'm not surprised the guy sold them, they sounded awful - bright grainy and no bass at all. He should have run them in for a couple of days! With Led Zep turned up very loud indeed and played whenever poss, they have now matured nicely. They are never going to be 'phones for bass freaks, but sound very natural and detailed. Mmmm, they might just turn out to be my favourites.

The bright colours are a deliberate choice; my other 'alf was getting a bit annoyed when she wandered in for a chat and didn't realise I was wearing phones so started yattering away and me seemingly ignoring her. The colours ensure she knows to give me a prod (and, often. a heart attack) first.

Droog Guest

Eh...I take it you aint heard many cans then Jerry.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Droog View Post
    Eh...I take it you aint heard many cans then Jerry.
    I've heard a lot of cans, thanks.

Why do you say that?

Droog Guest

Why do you ask ?

I'm Gary.

Is this the 5 minute argument or the full half hour?

I'm Paul.

I like the Spotify navigation system, but have found the music to be a mixed bag quality-wise. Personally, I intend on using it to scout for music, then buying the CD which I can rip onto the macbook and build a library that way. That or download hi-rez files.

All that aside, my first day with the same DAC you're using Jerry and I have to say it's an impressive little device and not at all brightly lit which was one of my fears. It provides bags of detail without the edge of some DACs. Good call that one

+ Reply to Thread