+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 310 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Is it driver issues jerry ? Had some initial problems getting the driver introduced to the async myself.
    Dunno.

One of the beasts is said not to need a special driver - although that is being chased up today.
    The other has a driver to download and install, which I have done - I get music but with accompanying popping sounds!

I'm Justin.

I am not sure I didn't bin the MF but will look this w/e.

Streaming through these devices can cause mental problems trying to find out why it doesn't work.

I'm Justin.

Found some time to check - yup, I did bin it, as no one bought it and I couldn't be arsed with the likely returns after ebay/Paypal fees etc.

Soz. I had genuinely forgotten I'd ditched it.

I'm Grant.

The hifime diy usb dacs with sabre chip are pretty decent for money
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

No worries, Justin - someone else sent me a V-Link 192 - arrived this morning.

So I now have 3 USB converters that I can't get to work properly.

One makes a static-like noise
    One shows all locks are good, but conveys no sound at all
    One plays music accompanied by popping sounds.

Gone back to straight USB into my DAC (with the same USB cable) and that works great.

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Didn't know that Sam , neat trick
    Good way to compare dacs if you can set output levels to match somehow (or of course the different inputs or cables).

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    No worries, Justin - someone else sent me a V-Link 192 - arrived this morning.

So I now have 3 USB converters that I can't get to work properly.

One makes a static-like noise
    One shows all locks are good, but conveys no sound at all
    One plays music accompanied by popping sounds.

Gone back to straight USB into my DAC (with the same USB cable) and that works great.
    Are you using a PC or Mac?

One thing with having already used the USB input to your current DAC is that windows will have installed a driver for it and will be switching to that usb driver when you plug it in. If one of the others uses the same make of USB receiver chip but a later version, then perhaps windows is assuming it's your original DAC and not bothering to install the new driver?

I had some issues from memory with popping with an older driver for the chip in the Async 1 and all was resolved with the updated driver (which was on the Beresford site) This for Win 8.1 - I think the older driver worked well only in win 8.0.

Another thing too - sometimes it can depend when you plug in your usb cable, before or after starting the music software. Sometimes the software you're playing from needs to be restarted in order to re-direct the sound to the new audio device you've just plugged in..

Take a look at the sound properties on whatever computer you're using and see what it says it's playing through..

One final thought - when I plugged the async 1 into my dad's pc for the first time I ended up deleting the usb driver for the Caiman II that did work and restart the pc just to make sure. Again that was a windows issue of it not picking the correct driver after I'd installed it.

I'm chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Advent View Post
    Are you using a PC or Mac?

One thing with having already used the USB input to your current DAC is that windows will have installed a driver for it and will be switching to that usb driver when you plug it in. If one of the others uses the same make of USB receiver chip but a later version, then perhaps windows is assuming it's your original DAC and not bothering to install the new driver?

I had some issues from memory with popping with an older driver for the chip in the Async 1 and all was resolved with the updated driver (which was on the Beresford site) This for Win 8.1 - I think the older driver worked well only in win 8.0.

Another thing too - sometimes it can depend when you plug in your usb cable, before or after starting the music software. Sometimes the software you're playing from needs to be restarted in order to re-direct the sound to the new audio device you've just plugged in..

Take a look at the sound properties on whatever computer you're using and see what it says it's playing through..

One final thought - when I plugged the async 1 into my dad's pc for the first time I ended up deleting the usb driver for the Caiman II that did work and restart the pc just to make sure. Again that was a windows issue of it not picking the correct driver after I'd installed it.
    good advice I think --- it has to be a compatability issue --- I know one of the units definitely works --- I must admit having Apple makes it a lot easier ! .... keep the faith Jerry !

I'm Grant.

go into the system list and install it (the driver) manually.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Thanks for the advice, Sam.

|I have a laptop PC.

Too tired now to have a go, but will be able to have another crack at it on Sunday.

I know that when I installed the driver for the MF V-Link it showed that as the active driver (called it V-Link so seemed unambiguously correct!) but no sound came out.
    I don't doubt that all 3 units are fine, and that the problem is in my setup.

+ Reply to Thread