Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ad temporarily removed

I'm denis.

Exclamation Ad temporarily removed

{Ad temporarily removed until user complies with registration procedure -- Marco}

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Denis,

Welcome to AoS

Before any new members are allowed to use our free advertising facilities, they are required to pop into the Welcome area and introduce themselves to our community, outlining the system they use and the music that they like.

Jumping in simply to post a free ad is, as I'm sure you'll agree, rather rude.

Therefore, your ad has been temprarily removed until you comply with the registration procedure, so we would be obliged if you did so on your next visit, after which your ad will be fully restored.

Cheers!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm denis.

ok... sorry about that...
    I certainly didn't thought that it could be perceived as "rude"...
    sounds a bit like entering someones private home...
    I confesse that the use of forums is a new thing for me...
    although I have read lots of posts/opinions over the past 2/3 years to guide me in my hifi understanding & purchases...
    my computer skills are a bit clumsy too... so I dont like typing that much...
    my system (Rega dac, PL Dialogue2, audio Note an/j) is in flux at the moment...
    I do not feel it to be balanced i a way that entirely satisfy so writing about it in a negative way is not the most encouraging stimulant to start a "persona" on a forum...
    will get a Leben this week that will, I hope, provide the ingredients that I am looking for...
    maybe then I will make the uber-effort to write something about it...
    writing about my musical taste is another matter...
    music for me is a private/intimate thing...
    it has been a personal cerebral and individual journey...
    I do not feel the need to share/display it with many/other people...
    besides I do not remember having ever read anytime on a forum that vaguely interested me...
    that sound rather hermetic...
    but thats far from the case : i supply my curiosity with a network of radios/programs from around the world via the net ; mainly France, Germany, & the US...
    I am fluent in those 3 languages..
    that has allows to expend beyond the somewhat narrow pop/rock and the very very conservative classical national musical scene...
    ok... thats enough for now... for someone that does not like typing...

kind regards

Denis

Hi Denis,

ok... sorry about that...
    I certainly didn't thought that it could be perceived as "rude"...
    No problem - it's perhaps because you're new to forums, or in this case, our community of audio and music enthusiasts.

Obviously this site has running costs which have to be paid for, and although we don't charge our members for advertising their wares, we do however ask that they put something into the site, rather than merely take from it...

Therefore, in that respect, I'm sure you can understand that joining purely and simply to take advantage of our free advertising facilities is rather discourteous, although I accept that being rude wasn't your intention.

If you also check the instructions you received during the registration process, you'll see that we ask all new members to post in the Welcome area FIRST, before doing anything else.

However, if you can do me a favour and copy the bit you've written below, and post it as a new thread in the Welcome area, perhaps also including what music you like, in terms of your favourite groups (or composers), I will restore your ad with immediate effect. This will show that you're willing to contribute something to our community and deserve to have access to our free facilities

my computer skills are a bit clumsy too... so I dont like typing that much...
    my system (Rega dac, PL Dialogue2, audio Note an/j) is in flux at the moment...
    I do not feel it to be balanced i a way that entirely satisfy so writing about it in a negative way is not the most encouraging stimulant to start a "persona" on a forum...
    will get a Leben this week that will, I hope, provide the ingredients that I am looking for...
    maybe then I will make the uber-effort to write something about it...
    writing about my musical taste is another matter...
    music for me is a private/intimate thing...
    it has been a personal cerebral and individual journey...
    I do not feel the need to share/display it with many/other people...
    besides I do not remember having ever read anytime on a forum that vaguely interested me...
    that sound rather hermetic...
    but thats far from the case : i supply my curiosity with a network of radios/programs from around the world via the net ; mainly France, Germany, & the US...
    I am fluent in those 3 languages..
    that has allows to expend beyond the somewhat narrow pop/rock and the very very conservative classical national musical scene...
    ok... thats enough for now... for someone that does not like typing...

kind regards
    Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm denis.

i did asked you yesterday in a private message to remove my profile from this site...
    please could you do so...

thank you and I wish you all the best

Denis

Hi Denis,

And I replied to your visitor message (to view it, simply click on your username on this page, then on 'View Public Profile', and scroll down). The message was that, sorry, we don't remove people's profiles. Why not just post in the Welcome area, as requested? You've already done most of the hard work....

It won't hurt, I promise!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm denis.

oh dear...
    never mind....

What's the big problem, mate?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Dave.

People rarely seem to read the rules when they join a new forum and many people probably just want to join for more casual lurking and thread reading. Not everyone wants to do the whole community thing. So when presented with a bunch of initiation rules to comply with they probably feel that they don't care enough to comply with the requirements. I guess it depends on what you want out of a forum and how familiar you are with a particular forum before joining.

Personally I usually spend quite a while reading posts on a forum before I decide to join it. So I'm already quite familiar with the rules and general etiquette and subtleties. I'm sure that others simply stumble across a forum and join quite quickly. In which case there are always going to be a few people that can't be bothered to comply with the joining rules or feel that the rules are over the top. It's just one of those things. A lot of people like the internet because it allows them to be anonymous and individual, so obviously community orientated forums like AoS won't be to their liking. That's the way I see it anyway.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

I think that you're completely right, Dave, and I agree. However, that doesn't change how we like to do things here, therefore new members either embrace and accept how we do things here, when they're made aware of it, if necessary, or not. It's entirely their decision. AoS was never meant to be all things to all men. Oh, and we don't 'do' anonymity

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast