+ Reply to Thread

Thread: nothing exotic

Default nothing exotic

Just the normal flat earth stuff

But it keeps me supplied with music.
    sod the hi-fi, listen to the music

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Very nice indeed Colin, and is that granite chopping boards and halved squash balls I see lurking under your CD player?

I love tweaks!

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm gone.

Are those Rega R3 spkrs? (or are they Spendors? ) EDIT: ah, I see from your sig that they are Spendors. Why not "proper" Flat Earth speakers?

Must confess to being most surprised at the excellence of the little Rega Jura speakers I've been playing with recently - I'm not really a Flat Earth kind of guy.
    Last edited by jandl100; 07-02-2008 at 09:23.

The R3's had to go. changed listening rooms and they could not hack it. If I changed back (rooms) the R3's would come back. When (if) I get the pennies together I would like to try some Neats/ and Rega R7's in the current room.
    To be fair to Rega, its not as flat earth as some people think. A lot of people seem to start out with some Rega, and then as they grow the system forget them, as dearer must be better. In Rega's case it very often needs to be a hell of a lot more money to be a tad better, different maybe, but that does not mean better. The Jura's are a way better speaker than they get credit for.
    sod the hi-fi, listen to the music

I'm Buffet-blower.

Very nice Colin - as you've probably gathered over time I'm a big fan of Rega stuff. Always remember Rega's 'system for a grand' at Bristol a few years ago - so many people commenting on the fact that it was one of the most musically satisfying sounds at the show (I know some would say that's not hard though!)

The fact that one can own a full system, at reasonable cost, from one manufacturer should hopefully banish any (or most) problems with component matching.

I still aspire to owning a P9 one day.
    Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: Bluesound Node 2i/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

+ Reply to Thread