+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vintage amps from Quad -70's/80's

I'm Nobody.

The Net 303 Mk.III are my next purchase.

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    The Net 303 Mk.III are my next purchase.

Do you what do they do to them Andr'e ?, i still have my 33/303 both have been serviced and sound good, they need a bit of warming up to get the best from them though, my 405 mk11 hybrid thingy though sounds better
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Peter.

Are the 44/405 Quads good for 'feeding' a pair of Tannoy Monitor Golds?

I'm Shane.

Very interesting question, Pavalon.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

A fettled 405-2 and vintage tannoys is a marriage made in heaven, as older Tannoy DC's present a "perfect" 11 Ohm loading from memory.

Don't forget Dada Electronics. Not expensive, loads of parts new and used, a great blog and also great service. I'm sure Net-Audio are fine as well, but I couldn't afford their 33 upgrades..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Bernie.

I've been toying with the idea of a 33/303 setup for my second system in the bedroom. I was wondering what a pair in good condition would be worth and roughly how much it would cost to update caps etc. to bring them up to date.
    Bernie.

I'm chris.

Their was a guy (not gazemember) on ebay selling refurbished ones for circa £230 - £250 which to me sounds right, using desent quality components and someones time to do it. When looking at prices the 303's can fetch up to around £150 in original condition which is great for the quad purists but for sound quality and longevity completely refurbished is the way to go imo.

chris

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by reddish75 View Post
    Their was a guy (not gazemember) on ebay selling refurbished ones for circa £230 - £250 which to me sounds right, using desent quality components and someones time to do it. When looking at prices the 303's can fetch up to around £150 in original condition which is great for the quad purists but for sound quality and longevity completely refurbished is the way to go imo.

chris
    405man?

I'm chris.

No this guy http://www.briarsfield-hifi.co.uk/amplifier_rebuild.htm, i do a similar thing but don't like to advertise.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Canetoad View Post
    I've been toying with the idea of a 33/303 setup for my second system in the bedroom. I was wondering what a pair in good condition would be worth and roughly how much it would cost to update caps etc. to bring them up to date.
    I love '303's infact i'm working on one now but the '33'! nay thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast