+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Nagaoka MP-30 mm cartridge

I'm gone.

Default FS: Nagaoka MP-30 mm cartridge

I bought this on eBay not long ago, and have been using it as well as my DV10X5 MC cart ..... I've been humming & hahing for a while over which I preferred.

Ultimately, I think I'm just a MC kind of guy!

So this lovely little Naggie is up for sale.

I have the stylus guard, but not the original box.

It tracks really nicely and sounds solid and musical, in the mm way.

I paid £80 plus delivery - so that's what I'm asking.

That was a BIN eBay sale - I rather suspect it would have gone for more if it had been on auction.

Here's a couple of pics - the close up of the stylus is taken from the eBay auction and was said to be of the actual item.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Jerry - you have a PM.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm gone.

8 minutes. Ye gods!

OK - Alex - PM on its way.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I kicked myself for not getting to it before you when it was on eBay so I'm not going to miss out on it a second time!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I kicked myself for not getting to it before you when it was on eBay so I'm not going to miss out on it a second time!
    Yep - I saw it on eBay for £80 or Best Offer ... and some twerps (sorry if that was you! ) had made offers. £80 seemed more than fair to me ... so I just clicked the BIN button! Some NOS ones were (and probably still are) on sale on eBay for £399!

I'm gone.

As expected, Alex is as quick with payment as he is with saying he would like to buy it!

Thanks Alex.

I am a twerp, but I didn't make an offer!!! I think I only found out about it after you had bought it - I have a regular eBay search and email notification for tons of things including Nagaoka, but I think by the time I found it you'd already snapped it up. Still, all's well that ends well - you've had a chance to play and now I join the illustrious list of jandl100 customers!!!
    Alex

I'm Mike.

Damn you to hell Alex, i've been upstairs listening to records since about 10am and i've just noticed this thread when i've come down for a bite to eat. You've got a real bargain there mate, you'll have to let me know how it stacks up against the MP15.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Damn you to hell Alex
    Easy fella!

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    You've got a real bargain there mate, you'll have to let me know how it stacks up against the MP15.
    Yep, just happened to be on at the right time, and knew if I snooze I lose... I absolutely love the MP-15 so hopefully the MP-30 will be more of the same - I think the boron cantilever on the 30 is a big plus. You can have first dibs on it if I don't like it Mike - alternatively I will of course rub your nose in it and tell you how amazing it is if I love it!
    Alex

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Well done mate

These do like low mass arms, so if you get the chance to buy an SME shell for not too silly money, this would work well (using the gunk between cart and shell too).
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast