+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quality Crimper

I'm paul.

Default Quality Crimper

Hi, can anyone recommend a good quality Crimper as I need one to do a number
    of smaller Spade Plugs. I was hoping to spend less than £40, also is there a supplier of quality crimp connectors, thanks
    PS I'v never used a Ratchet Crimper before, so simple to use would be a help
    Paul

Thorens TD 124, Thorens 12" Arm refurbished by Alfred, Shure M55, Denon 103r ,whest PS30R , Auditorium A23 Sony XA20 ES, Benchmark DAC 1 HDR, Elite Townsens 600c Pre,
    DPA Enlightenment DAC, , , Radford STA 25 Series 3, Aurex ST S80 , Tannoy Monitor Golds 15" Tannoy York Enclosures, TEAC DS H01, Isotek Substation, Abbey Road Reference Speaker Cables
    and some other stuff

I'm Tom.

I cannot recommend any particular crimping tool, but here are my experiences on what to look out for.

I never could get on with ratchet crimpers because they are fiddly to line up for the crimping, get it wrong and it's fiddly to get it to release for another go and finally, the same rigmarole getting it to release first time every time when you are finished.

The longer the handle the better for the best leverage with the least effort and even more important I think, plenty of padding on the handles otherwise after a few crimps them pesky blisters may appear.

+ Reply to Thread