+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick Links Button

I'm Lee.

Default Quick Links Button

Just a recommendation here really.

I find it very handy using the quick links>new posts button to quickly see what's been posted recently.

Ok, carry on.
    Last edited by MartinT; 08-07-2011 at 08:27. Reason: Corrected the button name
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

MartinT Guest

Yep Lee, I use that all the time. Together with e-mail alerts that lets me keep up with things on the phone.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Just a recommendation here really.

I find it very handy using the quick links>new posts button to quickly see what's been posted recently.

Ok, carry on.
    I do the same, but the "New Posts" link is saved as an icon on my browser's "Bookmarks Bar" - what this means is that you don't have to scroll all the way back up to the top of the thread, just move the mouse to the top of the screen and click the icon on the bar - thus saving even more time.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - you've got it bad, dude...

Top marks, though!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I do the same, but the "New Posts" link is saved as an icon on my browser's "Bookmarks Bar" - what this means is that you don't have to scroll all the way back up to the top of the thread, just move the mouse to the top of the screen and click the icon on the bar - thus saving even more time.
    That's exactly what I do too

One other thing, you know that button to the left of each thread in the list view? It takes you to the first unread post in that thread. I was using VB forums for a year or so before I realised that!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    One other thing, you know that button to the left of each thread in the list view? It takes you to the first unread post in that thread. I was using VB forums for a year or so before I realised that!
    Oh yes, that button is great for getting to the next unread post.

Also, you can use Alex's New Posts idea but instead of creating a link in the browser toolbar, you can create a link on Windows 7's task bar at the bottom of the screen.

<later> ooh sorry, you're a Mac user. Maybe you can do something similar?

I'm Nick.

You can add links to the Dock in OSX but I tend to leave mind hidden and so it's easier just to head up to the toolbar. Lee may know how to add a bookmark as a Menulet which is always up top in OSX, he's more of an OSX expert than me!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    You can add links to the Dock in OSX but I tend to leave mind hidden and so it's easier just to head up to the toolbar. Lee may know how to add a bookmark as a Menulet which is always up top in OSX, he's more of an OSX expert than me!
    To be honest, as you say, it's easy enough to just stick it in the bookmarks bar which is part of the toolbar.

You could even have a Bookmarks folder of AOS links, say the main forum page, the New Posts page, the Today's Posts page and maybe even a bookmark for a particular thread that you're following. Then you can set it to open all those pages in tabs with one click.

You can probably do this in windows too.
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

+ Reply to Thread