+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Humax 9200 fix?

I'm Dave.

Default Humax 9200 fix?

We have a (now) old Humax 9200 box, and now it seems to have a fault. It now "seems" to have multiple occurrences of the same programme, but they are in fact all different. I think the directory is corrupt.

I believe it can be fixed by a reset, but that will lose all the recorded material which is still intact.

I think an alternative is to swap out the hard drive, and use external devices and computers to fix the data. It'd be nice to recover the machine, but it's the data which is more important right now. Anyone done this?
    Dave

There are some solutions mentioned HERE and HERE.

I'm Dave.

Thanks Stan

Don't I have to break into the box first?
    Dave

It doesn't mention anything about opening the Humax box. I don't have a Humax myself, but since you asked for help I did some research on the problem and suggested solution .

I'm Nick.

AFAIK you should be OK plugging the Humax to your PC via the USB out on the back of the PVR.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Digitalspy have a Humax freeview pvr forum and I believe this issue (or very similar) has been mentioned on there several times over the years, may be worth searching on that.

Currently preparing myself to do the fix for the "--:-- clock problem" on my 9200, fortunately there's nowt on TV worth recording these days so I'm in no rush!

+ Reply to Thread