Closed Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye HiFi Wigwam

I'm gone.

Gosh.
    That's sad.

I'm sorry to say you'll be seeing even more of me now, chaps!

I'm tommy.

made a lot of good friends over the years will now have to start all over again

I'm Gareth.

Not over till the fat lady sings..
    Hope the air of finality about is a bit premature and that James, the other mods and everyone that makes The Wam what it is can think about how to move forward.
    Quite a few of the posts about Googles influence were rather frothy without James having any opportunity to say what he had in mind-he did say it was a temporary state of affairs to be fair. (Personally, I completely disagree with being censored by any commercial or political interest.)
    Hope it returns, some good friends and contacts made there, be sad to lose them.
    The Pie Show is another reason of course to encourage some reconciliation.
    ATB
    Gareth

I'm Lee.

What a shame it shut down, learnt quite a bit over the years I posted on their
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm ThinkingOfHorns.

The Wam may well be back yet!

It would be a real shame if not, as there's no other forum like it IMO! Love it or hate it, it had a certain vibe & sense of humour that no other forum gets near!

The real shame would be the loss of the Scalford show though!!!
    alfie
    Main System: Denon DP-6000 VPI Base/Fidelity Research FR64s/Ortofon SPU Royal GM MKII/Shelter 901/Auditorium 23 SUT/Pure Sound P10/SB Touch or Audio Note CDT & M2Tech Young Dac/BL Audio LP-1/New Audio Frontiers KT66 Legend/Living Voice OBX.
    2nd System: PC/Foobar/E-MU 0404 pci (Modded)/AVI ADM9/Rel Strata II subs.

I'm Shane.

Will miss wigwam.

I'm Mark.

it's a shame, i'm still waiting for something I paid £60 for to arrive and all the details were in the pm section which I can't get to now

aside from that there were a lot of numpty's on there and I guess this site is now at risk of a deluge of newbies who don't give a rat's behind about what they've done to James

I'm Paul.

Perhaps if Wigwam had been set up like other forums to filter and asterisk out swear words this situation would never have arisen. Never joined but often looked out of interest. It was frankly populated by a bunch of uncouth idiots who should have been banned. A forum needs to be run by moderators who between them can devote a fair proportion of their time to it. I'm sure it is not beyond the wit of those involved to keep the Scalford show going and post information here and on other forums.

I'm stu.

^^^^ ahhh but you kept going back to look didn't you.

Have to say it's a really shame if it's gone for good.
    Superb banter and humour that i've not seen elsewhere.
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

I'm tommy.

Quote Originally Posted by worthingpagan View Post
    it's a shame, i'm still waiting for something I paid £60 for to arrive and all the details were in the pm section which I can't get to now

aside from that there were a lot of numpty's on there and I guess this site is now at risk of a deluge of newbies who don't give a rat's behind about what they've done to James
    i think you are wrong or at least hope so , everyone respected james and the superb job he and others did , and hope he will do again

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast