+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Wadia WT-3200 transport, sheer luxury, with remote

montesquieu Guest

Default FS: Wadia WT-3200 transport, sheer luxury, with remote

Going off in a different direction digital-wise so the Wadia WT-3200 transport I bought recently is for sale.

This is the most beautifully made bit of kit you could imagine, solid milled aluminium everywhere, Philips CDM1 all metal swinging arm mechanism (technically the best ever devised and unlike many others eg many TEAC decks whose bits are now unobtanium, easily maintained with lots of spares including lasers, belts etc) and a lovely looking remote. Works so fast/responsively, you wonder whether modern CDPS are running Windoze as an operating system!

Inside it's based on the Phillips CD95 with some significant alternations mainly to management of digital outputs, as well as tons of copper shielding. It's the heaviest CD player I've ever come across and that's including some equally-coppered Musical Fidelity ones.

Bought off another forum a few weeks back for £450, so I'm looking for that back. Collection from Wokingham, Berkshire or I'll meet up with you somewhere sensible. I don't have a box and don't want to post it. These were something silly like £4k when new, it was a Stereophile reference product for a decade or so and even today there's little to touch it in many departments.

I'm Dave.

Nice CD but my eye is drawn the a 401 Tom...
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm Peter.

If I didn't have a Wadia 6i, already, I'd by all over that like flies on a t.....
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.