+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caiman SEG at last :)

I'm Espen.

Default Caiman SEG at last :) but with problems?

At last I was able to fetch the camain seg and it sound beautiful

The only thing i wondered about was if it is normal that when i have it connected to the preamp and the dacs volum pot is at max the right speaker is suddely much lower? having a jack to 3,5mm adapter inserted in the HP output removes this problem though.
    The same problem comes up when i use the preamp outputs into my integrated amp though the HP jack doesnt fix this prob, just closes all sound to the speakers. Havent tried it with a dedikated poweramp yet so dont know if the prob is only because I send preamped signals to an Integrated amp, but I will try in a few days as my neighbour has a pre/power combo and not integrated.

Tnx in advance from
    Espen Behrens
    Last edited by Trumpetman; 28-06-2011 at 16:53.
    Espen

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

No, that is not normal Espen - Stan may have an idea what the problem is (might be the Gator board is not seated in pins properly?)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Espen.

..... LOL why is it almost everything I buy has a defect of some sort :S
    I have sent a pm to Stan and asked for help. I dont want to open up the dac cause of the warranty sticker.... :S not at least before I have spoken to Stan

Edit:
    Im wondering if it is my amplifier,since when i forgot to turn down the volum when i disconnected the rca kables from the caiman(turned off), there came this buzzing noise when i touched the red cable but not when i touched the white cable. Both was connected to the amplifier... The buzzing noise also came from the speaker that had the louder sound in the problems that i wrote about earlier... The amplifier is a basic Phillips cd player with integrated 70w6ohm that i bought 5 years ago from a electronic consumer store, im just using it while I save money for a diy hypex/coldamp combo power amp.
    Last edited by Trumpetman; 28-06-2011 at 18:27.
    Espen

I'm yigit.

Any news about the new caiman seg ?

The PCB needed to be fitted completely flat, which is something that was discussed on AoS a couple of years ago. The socket on the PCB is a bit too low down in on the TC-7520 Caiman. So if the Gator PCB is not perfectly horizontal, you can get loss of sound one one or both channels.
    The TC-7520 Caiman SEG should not be confused with the TC-7535 Caiman SEG.

I'm Jerry.

The Caiman SEG has arrived at my house and to say I am pleased is an understatement.
    It looks better with the gold controls replaced in silver and it sounds superb. Got it connected up to an Anker battery. A huge amount of information retrieval and a wonderful soundstage. I think it will take pride of place in my system for a good few years.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm yigit.

How TC-7535 Caiman SEG is different from TC-7534 Caiman MKII Gfu?

I'm Jerry.

A discrete buffer stage I believe. Stan will explain no doubt.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Andrew.

Got mine.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Alex.

I would be very interested to hear about Aos members impressions about Caiman II GFU vs the new Caiman SEG in terms of sonic performance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast