+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Outboard Loudspeaker Crossovers position

I'm Nobody.

Default Outboard Loudspeaker Crossovers position

I'm just about ready to undertake the building my new crossovers outboard into Aluminium cases.

I've had a good think about this but can't make up my mind.

The question is would the boxes be better furthest away from the speaker closer to the power amps or nearer to the speaker further away from the power amps??

I pysically cannot get the amps near the speakers.

Answers on a postcard please

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

If it was me i think i'd have them near to the power amps That way you can run different cables to each driver to optimise things with only a short run from amps to xover

Just me, toss a coin for it if you like
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Nobody.

Thats, exactly what i decided in the end, you just convinced me. Thanks Mark mucchio appreciated..
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 27-06-2011 at 21:41.

I'm ThinkingOfHorns.

I use my outboard crossovers close to my speakers & longer lengths of cable from crossovers to amp.

It's a single pair from amp to crossover & multiple pairs to each driver from the crossover so costs less this way!
    alfie
    Main System: Denon DP-6000 VPI Base/Fidelity Research FR64s/Ortofon SPU Royal GM MKII/Shelter 901/Auditorium 23 SUT/Pure Sound P10/SB Touch or Audio Note CDT & M2Tech Young Dac/BL Audio LP-1/New Audio Frontiers KT66 Legend/Living Voice OBX.
    2nd System: PC/Foobar/E-MU 0404 pci (Modded)/AVI ADM9/Rel Strata II subs.

I'm Nobody.

Hi Alfie
    Aye your right, i'll try both, the amps are only 2.5mtr furthest away from the Speakers..

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Trying both is best I reckon - oh, and we look forward to some piccies, with or without curtains!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread