+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky switch over offer from Virgin

I'm Andy.

Default Sky switch over offer from Virgin

Hope l am posting this in the correct part of the forum, ( moderators feel free to move), anyhoo, has any body taken up the above offer or had dealings with Virgin, how is their customer service, in this deal they offering free installation and free repair,they use fibre optic cable, ( we have the SKY dish so get signal in bad weather)so this should be a better signal/ picture/sound? Also l understand that their Broadband is very quick, plus a free land line to boot and two V+ HD Boxes as well, this all sounds too good am l missing anything?
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm colin.

My mate has the same Bravia as me and he gets a much better picture on his using virgin and his broadband is better than his previous bt. Mind you i am using a indoor aerial
    Technic 1210, PS3, AVI neutron 2.1, Icon Audio p1 phono stage.

I'm john.

I've been a Virgin customer for years and always had good service from them..recomended..
    John.

I'm ThinkingOfHorns.

I was a Virgin customer went over to Sky & then did full circle to Virgin again.

Virgin's internet is way ahead of Sky's.

Picture & sound quality on the TV was pretty similar for me, It depends though on your cable signal strength, but so does Sky with the dish signal. The cable is better in bad weather though. I prefer Sky for TV package though tbh.

I would check again that your getting a free landline, you don't usually, read the small print.

With Sky you buy the hardware so after 12 months any repairs cost you! With Virgin all the hardware is hired to they repair for free.

The new Virgin superhubs are not that good & take a little messing with to keep them up & running. The wireless isn't as good as their old 2 box system. There's lots written on the internet about this though.

Virgin in the long run seems to cost a little more than Sky once the six month offers are over, not alot though.

Customer service from both is shite IMHO, that's the reason I left Virgin & then left Sky. First stop with any problems is a call centre in India, where they seem to just read from crib sheets & are a waste of time.

So I would say phone wise very little difference! TV package is better with Sky! Internet is far far better on Virgin! You pays your money......
    alfie
    Main System: Denon DP-6000 VPI Base/Fidelity Research FR64s/Ortofon SPU Royal GM MKII/Shelter 901/Auditorium 23 SUT/Pure Sound P10/SB Touch or Audio Note CDT & M2Tech Young Dac/BL Audio LP-1/New Audio Frontiers KT66 Legend/Living Voice OBX.
    2nd System: PC/Foobar/E-MU 0404 pci (Modded)/AVI ADM9/Rel Strata II subs.

I'm Andy.

Cheers chaps, anybody else with experiences?
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

leo is offline Circuit Junkie & DIY Room Forum Leader

We currently use Virgin broadband 50mb (supposed to be going up to 100mb ) and Sky+ HD, been thinking of changing over to Virgin digital tv, will obviously loose many of the channels we get with sky but tbh doubt we'd miss it.
    Regarding Virgin broadband, we've never had any problems.
    Cheers,
    Leo

I'm Dave.

I have used Virgin broadband now for 4 years and it delivers everytime. Very reliable and super quick.

I had sky many years ago but never again. Couldn't wait to get rid of it.
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm Nobody.

Well we have Sky for the sake of the wife. we also have Humax Freesat & Freeview boxes, if i had my way it would be the latter two.We use AOL Broadband with BT package.

I'm David.

Virgin dug up my road months ago and said they would be connecting us soon, that was ages ago!

I'm Ben.

I had virgin at my old place and was always very happy with their service, especially the BB which was far far better than my current supplier (i dont live in a virgin area now). I do have sky for TV only now and Im really happy with them, iv had them out 3 times to move my dish after the management company of my block objected to it and sky have been nothing but helpfull and not charged me a penny at all.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast