+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diy Turntable almost finished

I'm Chris.

Default Diy Turntable almost finished

Got the idea from the acoustic solid range of wood tables MPX especially

Using Michell gyrodec main bearing platter and DC motor - RB250 arm polished with AO complete silver rewire and weight upgrade

I have tried to decouple the armboard and arm with O rings and sorbathane foam stuff

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Very nice! How does it sound?

I'm Chris.

Hi Ali thanks :-)

I have not fired it up yet scared to just in-case it sounds bad lol - I do need to sand and re varnish it before hand anyway - but its my first DIY build of any kind since school (I'm 39 now lol)

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Let us know what you think.

I'm Chris.

getting there - motor stand done - now need to build and isolation platform

So far though to my ears it sounds very nice - if anyone in the Essex area or further if they want to travel would like to cast an educated opinion that would be great

I'm Andy.

Chris, that looks beautiful, great workmanship, l am in Hornchurch, l was in Walton on The Naze a month or two back- great beach , if ever l am passing l would love to hear it, again well done, do let us know how it sounds.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

+ Reply to Thread