+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Soon to be new deck

No there wont be any 1210's unfortunately. Richard is very keen to get a KAB 1210 there, and the only other known one belongs to Ray70 who cant make it. Oddly enough looking at the thread, there may well be more belt than direct drives there. I look forward to the de-brief and pictures, Richard will pull no punches and give an honest appraisal I'm sure.
    Nick.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Maybe I should 'drop in' with my beasty...?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm sure his mouth would water at the prospect. He appears to have embraced the DL103 too, so a direct comparison between decks would be from common ground. I would love to go, but my car is just guzzlin' too much gas for a round trip to London.
    Nick.

What's the date, do you know? I'll need to see if I can sneak away.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

It's November 1st. and the last I read, he had one space left.
    Nick.

That's quite near Guy Fawkes night. A good time to cause some sparks!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ah, so it's imminent. You'll be like a kid in a sweet shop wondering what tunes to play!

We expect a full write-up when you get a good listen...

Do you know if a KAB-1210 will be represented at the D/D bake-off? I rate the Pioneers in terms of the mechanisms and PSUs used but I'm not sure about how good the plinths are in terms of effective isolation.

No doubt we'll hear all about it on pfm!

Marco.
    He was trying very hard to get a KAB 1210. He got in touch with Ray70 who has one and doesn't live too far from him but Ray couldn't make the day. I wish I had tried to get there - richard isn't too far away from me in Southend and it would be good for DD cynic such as myself, but I didn't find out until too late and I've got other plans now.

A very interesting bake off planned there.

Is it being held at Richard's gaff? If so, I doubt I'd be welcome!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Mark.

"I've found another Sony curio. I belt driven 1210 clone no less, notice the platter, pitch slider, strobe light and buttons etc. Bonkers!"

Not sure why the guy selling the Sony TT thinks it's rare,it is a current model(SONY PS-LX350H) and costs $200 ,maybe it's rare in the UK.

I wonder if something like that Sony TT would benifit from a better power supply.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234