+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aiwa Mini Compo ?

I'm Mike.

you see i never really looked at Aiwa gear and thought they only made the sort of HiFi comet and currys sold, my mistake

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Martin.

So are you going to swap it with him then? I don't think I could resist if it was me.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Marc.

I think the emporium in exeter had a couple of pieces from the series - might still have them?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    So are you going to swap it with him then? I don't think I could resist if it was me.
    We're negotiating at the moment

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Hmmm, i have the very same sat here in the original rack If the cassette deck is still functional get yourself a complete new set of belts for it before you can never find any again. Though quite where you'll get them from i have no idea.

If you ever want spares for your deck you are welcome to mine as it's past it's sell by date

The Pre & Power amps are fine though, the power amp will probably surprise you with it's weight
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

I guess i should read more carefully... No tuner or cassette deck

Does your friends have the alloy handles on the sides? Like rack mount kit, on the left & right edges..

Not sure what to do with the stuff in all honesty
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Before I saw this amp i thought most Aiwa stuff was decidedly bottom end 'Lo Fi' lots of lights and plastic, how wrong was I, this little amp has a real quality feel about it, if it wasn't badged as Aiwa i would swear it was made by a more prestigious marque.
    Aiwa used to make some really good stuff up to the moment Sony decided to buy them out in the 80's and use Aiwa as a cheap level entry brand.
    I have three pieces of the best amp that Aiwa ever made before the Sony buyout, namely the AA-8700. Each has a different mechanical, electrical, or cosmetic fault. It's my intention to make one good one out of the three as a project. They go cheap on ebay these days, but I rate them as highly as the top of the range Yamaha and Pioneer amps of the same era. The later two go for big money on eBay, which makes the old Aiwa amps a real bargain performance wise.

I'm ILOB.

I recently had an AM 73 Master Ref in my system I was pretty good has an internal DAC and phonostage so for it time was pretty forward thinking
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Mike.

You see I was still a kid in the 70's and my stereo aspirations revolved around what my dad had and what he gave me, he never bought any Aiwa kit so I missed their better stuff and only saw the cheap crap from the late 80's onwards, it never occurred to me that they did anything else

The Aiwa AD-6900 cassette deck was one of the best decks ever built at any price. A pig to replace the belts and service, but sound wise it can stand up to even the far more expensive Nakamichi Dragon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast