+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Subwoofer thrills and spills

I'm Deleted.

As sq writes, I use a REL Stadium with my ES14's and only for music - there is only my hi-fi in that room. I've gone to a lot of trouble to integrate the sub with the speakers and it certainly isn't a five minute job. The output level on my sub is set very low - if you do turn it up you can determine the resonant frequency of pretty much everything in the room!
    Account Deleted

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    As sq writes, I use a REL Stadium with my ES14's and only for music - there is only my hi-fi in that room. I've gone to a lot of trouble to integrate the sub with the speakers and it certainly isn't a five minute job. The output level on my sub is set very low - if you do turn it up you can determine the resonant frequency of pretty much everything in the room!
    And I'm still not convinced by it!

I'm Deleted.

Yeah, yeah
    Account Deleted

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    You need a bit of TLC, sorry, DSP from an Antimode Mark

http://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/Sub_Woofers/anti-mode-s.htm

The test sweeps are very useful for finding and eliminating rattles and vibrations that get excited so fleetingly that you don't realise what they are. I found a loose screw in my fire surround and vibration/ buzzing in a hollow internal door!

The main issue I have with a 2.1 system is the variation of deep bass on the recordings, which means a bit of adjustment to the sub volume level despite having it integrated. I'm sure a lot of music isn't monitored with a sub (possibly most actually); I often find bumps and thumps from the studio that would definately have been killed if they were noticed.
    Steve & Valerie

www.electricbeachaudio.com

If you think you know the answer already, you're not really searching

A plastic box, some glass bottles, two metal tins and some lengths of string

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123