+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How does your room effect your sound through your mood?

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Looks ace, Hamish. You've got the lighting spot on, which is so important in a room to make it feel cosy. Was that taken with a digital camera?
    I'm supprised you need to ask ... You tell me

I know exactly what you mean, btw, regarding there's something relaxing about neat and tidiness. The most important thing, above all else, is that a room is warm and inviting to be in, which partly stems from neatness and tidiness. If not, no matter how good your system sounds, you'll rarely use it.
    Yeah I completely agree!

Enjoy, and good luck with the forthcoming sprog invasion... I hear it will be triplets!

Haha ... I bloody hope not!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    I can't relax if there's stuff to do in my room... and it's not so hard to keep the place tidy if you keep at it as you go... I learnt from hard experience. I'm naturally right grubby, and Mrs B is 'quite the opposite' to say the least
    I used to work in a kitchen ... That was the moto "tidy as you go" ... One of the chaps I worked with was an alchi and a bit nuts ... He used to wonder around the kitchen cleaning things mumbling "tidy as you go, tidy as you go" once in a while he would shout it at the top of his voice ... Nuts he was, very funny though!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    So we're all in agreement then a nice clean and tidy room enhances our listening pleasure Nice lookin room by the way Hamish
    It would seem so... Although I have seen a few less than tidy rooms on here
    Usually belonging to those hoarders this hobby has a few of

Cheers though ... As Mark commented this was as much about my new lens as anything else

I'm Neil.

Lovely looking room Hamish.

Good luck with everything.

Regards D S D L

I'm Nobody.

Colours play a big roll for me, Orange i need orange in a room, it puts me in a good mood. I can't settle with bright lights & decor, i prefer to listern to music in a knocking shop type enviroment

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Colours play a big roll for me, Orange i need orange in a room, it puts me in a good mood. I can't settle with bright lights & decor, i prefer to listern to music in a knocking shop type enviroment
    Yep I can't handle bright lights at the best of times and deffo not when trying to relax. I got one 8w bulb that lights the whole room from behind a big pot plant in the alcove. A mate of mine calls it The Batcave
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Oh My God .... NO !!!!

I couldn't live in a room as tidy as that.

Basically, I'm a slob and I am only really cumfy when things are a bit cluttered up.

I would feel distinctly ill at ease in your room, Hamish. Too much like a bloody hotel room or a museum exhibit for me!

To each their own, eh?

... and as for that mirror ...

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Oh My God .... NO !!!!

Wonderful room Hamish and just how I like it....... mess just stresses the hell out of me, I guess a throwback from living on a Navy warship!

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Oh My God .... NO !!!!

Basically, I'm a slob and I am only really cumfy when things are a bit cluttered up.

I would feel distinctly ill at ease in your room, Hamish. Too much like a bloody hotel room or a museum exhibit for me!

To each their own, eh?

... and as for that mirror ...
    Lol - it just shows how tastes can vary!

I know what you mean about clutter. I too like a bit of clutter, as rooms can look a little cold and impersonal, if they're absolutely tidy and devoid of knick-knacks. Even though Hamish's room is tidy, I think it's far from being cold or impersonal.

I think that the room is lovely, and it has his personality (and no doubt Hannah's) stamped all over it. Being in a period property, the room has nice features and character, and isn't a boring non-descript rectangular box, such as what exists today in your average Wimpey Home!

The room is also beautifully lit, making it warm looking and inviting, simply but tastefully furnished, and has a nice homely 'vibe'. So quite the opposite from you, Jerry, I'd feel very comfy in there, curled up listening to some tunes on that sofa, enjoying a nice bottle of wine

I could also imagine it looking really cosy at night, with just a few candles flickering in the otherwise darkness.... What Hamish really should do is open up the fireplace and have a real log fire burning (I'm sure the dog could sleep somewhere else) - then it would be absolute bliss. I could imagine it all sparkly and nicely decorated at Christmas, especially with a little 'un on the way!

Oh, and I LURVE the mirror! I have a thing for colourful mosaic patterns in tiles or on glass. The mirror adds light and breaks up the room very well.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Lol - it just shows how tastes can vary!

I know what you mean about clutter. I too like a bit of clutter, as rooms can look a little cold and impersonal, if they're absolutely tidy and devoid of knick-knacks. Even though Hamish's room is tidy, I think it's far from being cold or impersonal.

I think that the room is lovely, and it has his personality (and no doubt Hannah's) stamped all over it. Being in a period property, the room has nice features and character, and isn't a boring non-descript rectangular box, such as what exists today in your average Wimpey Home!

The room is also beautifully lit, making it warm looking and inviting, simply but tastefully furnished, and has a nice homely 'vibe'. So quite the opposite from you, Jerry, I'd feel very comfy in there, curled up listening to some tunes on that sofa, enjoying a nice bottle of wine

I could also imagine it looking really cosy at night, with just a few candles flickering in the otherwise darkness.... What Hamish really should do is open up the fireplace and have a real log fire burning (I'm sure the dog could sleep somewhere else) - then it would be absolute bliss. I could imagine it all sparkly and nicely decorated at Christmas, especially with a little 'un on the way!

Oh, and I LURVE the mirror! I have a thing for colourful mosaic patterns in tiles or on glass. The mirror adds light and breaks up the room very well.

Marco.
    +1 nice one Marco, you have very eloquently relayed my thoughts as well - I was just being lazy
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast