+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: My Brain Just Will Not Work, Head Up Arse Week

I'm Andy.

Hi Dave

Good to hear from you.

Hope you do well with the formal study thing, I'm still reasonably on top of my particular game (gave an Engineer at work a bit of surprise this week. He may have just taken my natural Dopey look and assumed I was a Half-Wit - very normal reaction to me). But I don't think I'm quite cut out for education.

I think it takes a fairly special sort of person and character to be one. The trick is getting the attention of the class or person etc, that is no mean feat at all. You also need the ability to take the same subject or problem and bring it in from an opposite direction as some just don't git it straight away.

The 'Learning Mentor' sounds like a good direction. I think a lot of people would benefit from that one, personal tuition can do wonders for some. Even just for short periods.

As for the foundation degree, would you do full time at a University or distance home learning?

Good luck and hope all goes well for you.

Andy - SDDW
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Distance home learning, but I'm not sure if I can stay on task. Forums such as this one tend to take over all the time .
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516