Prhaps it is time to put up my own gallery/blog/whatever. My name is Mika K and I'm located at northern Finland, the city of Oulu to be more exact. I have engineering background and during more than 20 years of this hobby have had different system from single driver systems to Naim and bigger and more powerful highend systems.

I would like to think that I have learned something from every system and from my own preferences. My current system is build from my love of music and my interest to vintage and traditional equipment. I like items that can handle the time and overall the systems purpose is not to measure well as the focus is more on the fact how the system serves the music I like to listen - jazz, progressive rock and different folk/indie/alternative/pop stuff mostly with a classical twist.

The system is as follows:

Garrard 401 at Slatedeck plinth with the Loricraft mat
- Loricraft 401 PSU
- SME V
- Zu DL-103 Grade2(0,4%) and T'fix Phoenix II cartridges
- Impress Laboratory model 999 MC SUT
- Loricraft Missing Link phono preamp
Sansui TU-9500 receiver
Philips CD-850 mkII cd player
Apple Macbook Pro/AE/Russ Andrews DAC1
Shindo Aurieges L preamp
Shindo Montille EL84 poweramp
Altec 806A-16 driver with H-811 torvella plus Altec 416-16z woofer at 360l Onken enclosure designed by Jean Hiraga
Auditorium 23 and Isoda cables

At the moment I'm tweaking the speakers to get the best out of them, trying different damping materials for the cast horn and also for the Onken enclosure. Perhaps also study some xo improvements later even if a bit surprised of the performance of the original xo unit from the year 1964.

Perhaps I chime in more later and add some more pics of the system as the Shindo amps and my record player look quite good also. Or atleast I think so

Br,

Mika K