+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Mika K's system

I'm Mika.

Somehow this just suites the occasion:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy shit! What a Ride!”
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Mika.

Ok few days ago my carpenter friend brought me matching stand for my Micro Seiki than the speakers already have. Fits like a glove..

Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Deano.

Wow the a king and his throne very nice

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

I'm David.

Beautiful, and the tt ain't either.

I'm Mike.

Thats more like it! I felt a bit sorry for the Micro as it were on the floor... Like something the missus would batter with the vacuum cleaner or the kids to use for target practice or such!
    Hope your enjoying your beautiful system while journeying to Shindo-land!

I'm Don.

Thanks for sharing your adventure Mika. It has been quite enjoyable to read through. I suspect that I would really enjoy listening to your system.

Don
    Vertere SG-1 Turntable / Audio Note IO Gold MC
    Audio Note AN-S8L MC Transformer
    Audio Note Pallas I/C (SUT-Preamp)
    Audio Note M6 Phono Preamp
    Audio Note CDT 3/Audio Note 4.1X Balanced Signature DAC
    Audio Note Kassai Monoblocks
    Audio Note Sogon Interconnects
    Audio Note Pallas Interconnects
    Audio Note AN-Vx Interconnects
    Audio Note Sogon Speaker Cables
    Audio Note AN-E SPE HE speakers
    Audio Note ISIS Power Cables
    Loricraft PRC-4 Record Cleaning Machine

I'm Mika.

Long time no update but considering there has been only few minor updates lately in my system like the higher grade Graditech cables http://www.graditech.fi/g-cable/, that is no surprise. The music flows nicely on daily basis and my system seems to live the most stable phase in more than 20 years.

So here are two mobile pics from the yesterdays jazz session we kept with minima in the middle of the house vacuuming task promised for Mrs. If you have not checked out the latest album Pekka by Verneri Pohjola yet, I suggest you do that asap. Have a nice midsummer all!

Bigman80 Guest

YODA!!!!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Lovely Mika!
    Would you mind telling us a bit about the sound from the Genelecs? Suppose they are highly revealing, but do they work well from a distance also? I suppose they are studio control monitors for close up listening mainly?

I'm Mika.

They are indeed highly revealing but as they are intended as mid-size monitors not used in near-field monitoring but in more open spaces, they work extremely well in listening distances you would normally use in rooms like mine. With the independent microadjustments for low/mid/high areas it is easy to compensate the placement and the room acoustics if needed.

The sound is revealing, effortless and dynamic without being harsh or too bright. Neutral in positive sense. And with quality preamp and cables I've been able to introduce also the finesse that might be the bottleneck in a systems like this. And as you know my history has been with HQ tubes and horns, so I have some references to back this statement up. I understand why many have doubts for the active systems especially coming from studiomonitoring background but with certain actions it is possible to get very strong bang for the buck ratio. I think I have managed to demo this to some others interested about the subject here in Finland.

All in all, I'm still very pleased for the system and have no plans to upgrade #audiophilianervosa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast