+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Harbeth SHL5's Loudspeakers + Something Solid XF Stands

I'm Steve.

My wife is always on about moving...I think I would, if only to accomodate these speakers.
    In the meantime, I'm loving my P3ESR's.. don't want to think how these must sound.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    My wife is always on about moving...I think I would, if only to accomodate these speakers.
    In the meantime, I'm loving my P3ESR's.. don't want to think how these must sound.
    Pretty much the same "house" sound, but as you'd expect, a bit bigger and deeper and maybe a touch more refined, from my experience over at hifi_dave's (Radlett Audio) last month. The P3ESR's are also great speakers, but the SHL5's take the sound up a couple of notches, as you'd expect.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Josie.

I agree Alex.. Bigger, deeper sound stage. Much more solid focus on individual instruments too. Or as you said, more refined.

Again.. Why am I selling these?... Someone slap me.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I'm arranging a civil partnership with my SHL5's soon

(and it's the only time I have experienced a night & day improvement in my sound, as Alex has said, they are a 'final destination' for me )
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Thank gawd my BC2's are sounding as good as they are right now. Definitely a family resemblance, if not the integration and refinement of current models.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Josie.

Open to sensible offers!
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Josie.

Cheers Dave.. Lots of interest but nobody has shown me a fat lady with sold written on her forehead as yet.

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Josie.

open to sensible offers

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Josie.

Now £1999 + Delivery

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm tim.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Oh you lovely man - I'll reciprocate should I do the same

The only valve amps I wouldn't use are the floppy bassed Prima Luna ones and similar )
    really ? contradicts everything I've ever heard or tried, my PL2 drives 30s and 40s beautifully

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast