+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FS: Harbeth SHL5's Loudspeakers + Something Solid XF Stands

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

30's don't have any deep (subjective) bass in comparison with HLS5's in direct comparison and the 40 is a different kettle of fish enirely - yummmmmmm

Like I said, it was a tongue-in-cheek remark concerning this particular pair of speakers

Loads of clients use harbeths with valve gear with good results. Positioning and room acoustics is far more important IMO
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Loads of clients use harbeths with valve gear with good results. Positioning and room acoustics is far more important IMO
    Definitely agree with that, having moved my lounge around twice now to accommodate my SHL5's. Just moving them a few inches in relation to walls and furnishings makes quite a difference. It's taken awhile, but I'm really happy with them now - the bass is beautiful for my tastes

I reckon I wouldn't need much to power them either at my listening levels, they are sweet sounding with only a few watts. Without doubt a true British classic and on a personal level, the best speakers I have heard.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Josie.

sold
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123