+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Harbeth SHL5's Loudspeakers + Something Solid XF Stands

I'm Josie.

Default FS: Harbeth SHL5's Loudspeakers + Something Solid XF Stands

Hello.

Due to new family and downsizing my system.

I simply don't use the speakers enough to justify them sitting here.

They are only 4 months old and come with the Harbeth full warranty and they have not been registered with Harbeth as yet.

They were bought from Radlett Audio in January. I bought them from a guy who had them for a week or so but his amplifier was'nt not up to the job to give them life so I bought them to use on my Radford system. I also did a review of this combination.

A week or so later we had twins so everything grinded to a halt in terms to listening to long hifi sessions.

Kids ey!

So, like my Radford which is now sold these have to go as I've bought an integrated and need something cheaper and more sensitive.

Boxed and in mint condition.

These speakers are amazing. Infact, when I do get 5 minutes to take a listen I simply change my mind in selling them... They are that good.

They also come with the Something Solid XF stands.

Here they are on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Harbeth-Super-HL5-loudspeakers-Stands-4-months-old-/120729224563?pt=UK_AudioVideoElectronics_HomeAudio HiFi_HiFiSpeakers&hash=item1c1c05c573

I'm asking £2300 but will do any AOS user a small discount.

PM me if anyone is interested.

Regards
    Joe
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Andrew.

Joe,

If I didnt have my ATC's I would have had these. I still haven't forgot to send you some pics of your Radford stuff I'm just waiting for the right pair of OTA modified ESL'57s to pop up. Your Radford gear now sits pride of place near my solid state stuff and I'm even thinking now of getting a valve phono stage. Thanks mate, my bank balance will be even more depleted
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Josie.

Cheers Andy.

Yeah, these are superb with valve and Transistor. Like the Radford with only 35wpc they really do come alive.

They are one of the best set of speakers I've ever owned and this is a very reluctant sale as they do sound absolutely superb with the OTO (15wpc) but with other things in the pipeline and the lack of use I can only come to the conclusion to sell and let someone else have the full benefit.

I'm sure Dave at Radlett will vouch for these speakers too as being absolutly superb!

Cheers
    Joe
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

What a shame.. I'd get HLP3ESR's myself, even if they had to go on shelves for now.

These HLS5's are superb and I hope someone will give them the lasting, loving home they truly deserve - I do know how destructive toddlers can be

During our recent visit to hifi dave's place, Alex and I had the pleasure of Rega RS5's (SR5's?). these are under a grand and, apart from a little excess sparkle in the treble (needed for their pickup cartridges IMO), the bass and midrange was a joy. Not as refined as Harbeths achieve, but involving, very clear and well balanced, to the extent that one could forget the speakers entirely after a few seconds to acclimatise to them.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nobody.

Dave: i'll buy you a pair of Harbeth 'M40' if i come into some money for being a good egg.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Oh you lovely man - I'll reciprocate should I do the same

The only valve amps I wouldn't use are the floppy bassed Prima Luna ones and similar Otherwise, all modern Harbeths are a pretty easy load and sound totally unfettered with the Croft integrated on the one hand, and super controlled with the new Albarry's on the other. I found the best compromise for me was the Albarry mono's with a Croft "R" preamp - I could listen to that all day

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

NOOOOOOO don't do it Joe! You'll regret it!

Well, if you must, then someone please take these off Joe's hands, and as Tim (GreatGig) will attest, these could well be "final destination" speakers. I haven't got the money, but if I had... (Joe, you don't want another daughter, do you? )
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    NOOOOOOO don't do it Joe! You'll regret it!

Well, if you must, then someone please take these off Joe's hands, and as Tim (GreatGig) will attest, these could well be "final destination" speakers. I haven't got the money, but if I had... (Joe, you don't want another daughter, do you? )
    Haha... no mate. I've got two and one has reflux... OUCH! If anyone has some new ears then I'll take em...either that or some supadoopa headache tablets...

I know mate, I will regret this move... I've got a feelin in me bones but needs n that you know.

The Audio Note OTO sounds bloody lovely through them too.

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Oh you lovely man - I'll reciprocate should I do the same

The only valve amps I wouldn't use are the floppy bassed Prima Luna ones and similar Otherwise, all modern Harbeths are a pretty easy load and sound totally unfettered with the Croft integrated on the one hand, and super controlled with the new Albarry's on the other. I found the best compromise for me was the Albarry mono's with a Croft "R" preamp - I could listen to that all day
    Ooohhh my 7's don't sound floppy bassed with my 7's but then again the 5's have a much more generous bottom end.

I'm David.

Hehe, it was an unsubtle backhander to someone who didn't look at the obvious culprit - I've done it myself so it takes one to know one

All's well that'll hopefully end well though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast