+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Werner’s system

I'm Lee.

Beautiful Werner. She has fine taste.
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm Werner.

Lee,

She has fine taste.
    undoubtedly – but it was me who suggested this present ;-) Apropos: did you have any chance yet to listen to Anna Calvi?

Werner.
    Last edited by Werner Berghofer; 06-08-2011 at 13:20.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Berghofer View Post
    Lee,

undoubtedly – but it was me who suggested this present ;-) Apropos: did you have any chance yet to listen to Anna Calvi?

Werner.
    Apropos. Now there's a fine word!

I did, but only briefly. Need to revisit that link. Thanks.

Re birthday requests: I have 'suggested' some Pineapple Thief CDs for mine later this month. A band I've just discovered.
    Lee

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Last.fm

I'm Werner.

Lee,

Apropos. Now there's a fine word!
    Sorry, it means nothing more than “by the way”. I thought “apropos” was also known in England, no?

Werner.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm Lee.

Lee,

Sorry, it means nothing more than “by the way”. I thought “apropos” was also known in England, no?

Werner.
    Oh I know what it means Werner

Also, it was used in the Sheryl Crowe song All I Wanna Do.
    Lee

Last.fm

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I thought “apropos” was also known in England
    It is Werner, but very rarely used in everyday conversation - unfortunately (IMO) English language usage in this country has really become 'dumbed' down over the years and it is not uncommon to find second language speakers are more adept than the average user in the UK. It's quite embarrassing actually and I wince often at work when a lot of our younger element are 'talking'. As a nation most of us only speak one language and we can't even get that right these days

I'm attempting to get into Anna Calvi, tried a few times previously but failed, I may have another go later today.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Werner.

Tim,

As a nation most of us only speak one language and we can't even get that right these days
    it’s very similar in Austria, and I think the language many people here use (and write!) can’t be called German. Maybe TV, Internet and touchscreen devices are to blame for this.

There’s a famous quote, hope I can translate it on the fly to something understandable in English: “Germany and Austria are two neighboring countries separated by a common language.”

I'm attempting to get into Anna Calvi, tried a few times previously but failed
    It’s not easy, but the more I hear her music the more I like it. For me it sounds like a mixture of Patti Smith, Siouxsie Sioux, Roy Orbison and some imaginary soundtracks of a movie by David Lynch.

Werner.

I'm Marc.

amongst a whole load of mightily impressive things, I think the following is the most so:

"During the last six months the most popular artists I listened to were Anouar Brahem, Lucinda Williams, Roy Orbison, Kraftwerk, Penguin Café Orchestra, Tord Gustavson Trio, Fabrizio de André, Keb’ Mo’, Diana Krall, Madeleine Peyroux, Rebecca Pidgeon, Tori Amos, Jan Garbarek, Bob Dylan and Neil Young."

not familiar with all of that bunch - but it's some play-list, and a very succinct testimony to the audio-dietary richness that digital's convenience so readily provides...

mind you, I would probably just sit on your balcony looking at the view, tbh

I'm Werner.

Default New Schiit in the house

Two weeks ago the Schiit Bifrost DAC (non-USB version) was added to my headphone listening station.

Bifrost DAC (bottom), Valhalla headphone amplifier (top), Beyerdynamic DT 990/600 Ω (right)

For me listening to music via headphones never before has sounded – and looked – that good.

Werner.
    Last edited by Werner Berghofer; 07-11-2011 at 10:40.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

That gear is really beautiful and I do hope that prices can be kept realistic as its popularity grows. The "C" section casework works really well too and aids the "seamlessness" of the styling I think.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast