+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Werner’s system

I'm Werner.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I'm not getting the images
    Looks as if I unintentionally blocked a lot of IP adresses. You and anybody else should see the pictures now.

I beg your pardon for the inconvenience.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm Werner.

Tim,

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGig View Post
    I'm liking the headphone amplifier too and I'm looking for one at the moment, so thanks for the link.
    you’re very welcome. Exchanging of ideas, experiences and links are the most basic purposes of forums like this, and I’ll be more than happy if I can contribute something which is worth knowing for others too.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGig View Post
    I would love to come home to a place like that after a hard days work.
    Since I’m self-employed I spend most of my time downstairs in my office, but I appreciate the view from the living room the moment I enter it, even more after returning from a three or four day business trip.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Yep, all good now! Lovely!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Stefaan.

Lovely set-up Werner. I recognise the Ikea influence (I'm sitting in a Markus chair typing this) .

No problems with WiFi? I tried it but my house (walls and floors) is so full of metal I would need to place two access points merely to cover the ground floor. I've had quite a good results with Ethernet-over-Power.

I still play LPs - there's so much rare stuff I have on LP (about 900 of them) that would be impossible or too expensive to acquire on CD or download. I like the ritual of getting the LP out of the sleeve, filling the Lencoclean, lowering the tone arm. It reminds me of my teenage years, discovering all kinds of music through the public LP library.

I'm Werner.

Stefaan,

Quote Originally Posted by Stefaan View Post
    No problems with WiFi?
    no, very rarely, perhaps once or twice in a month there are drop-outs, but they only last a few moments. My wireless network is heavily armed: one Airport Extreme base station downstairs in my office, one Time Capsule (base station with built-in 500 GB harddisk) upstairs in the living room, and four Airport Express stations in different rooms on different floors for music streaming and wireless printing.

The basic network is established by the Airport Extreme and joined and expanded by the other Airport gear. I’m glad that this works easily and free of troubles and hassles; it’s really convenient to remotely control my Mac Mini in the office while having a cup of tea, great music and the awesome view through the big window in the living room upstairs.

And yes: Ikea and Apple always are very easy on the eye (and on the system administrator), at least for me. Of course there’s a certain amount of haptic joy missing when going completely digital, but there are some advantages I certainly would miss if I returned to the analogue Thorens and Revox path to enlightenment.
    Last edited by Werner Berghofer; 30-05-2011 at 16:56.

I'm gone.

Yep - great view, great kit .... & I love the pussy cat!

I'm Werner.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I love the pussy cat!

Which one? The red one, the black one or both? ;-)
    Last edited by Werner Berghofer; 31-05-2011 at 16:09.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Berghofer View Post
    Which one? The red one, the black one or both? ;-)
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Paul.

yeah ! another DAT owner !!!!

I'm Werner.

Quote Originally Posted by s70rmp View Post
    another DAT owner !!!!
    Owner yes, but not user anymore. The deck is standing there for sentimental reasons only. It was a nice unit, and once upon a time I also owned a Sony TCD-D8 portable DAT recorder for field recording, which I sold for a bargain seven years ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast