+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Werner’s system

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Werner,

Love your set up, and above all, cute cats! We've got three, two of which are similar to yours, the long-haired ginger tom and black and white. Cats are great fun and such independent and intelligent creatures. For me, a home isn't a home without a cat

What I like about your hi-fi set up is that you know exactly what you wanted to achieve, and how to achieve it, by applying a little lateral thinking and being focussed on your goals. Respect

Now what we really need to see is, if I remember correctly, the spectacular view from your balcony!

Essentially, what you see in front of you when sitting looking out here:

Let's see more of those mountains in all of their glory....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Werner.

Marco,

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Now what we really need to see is, if I remember correctly, the spectacular view from your balcony! […] Let's see more of those mountains in all of their glory...
    as soon as the weather permits it, I’ll take some photos and add them to this thread. Currently it’s raining cats and dogs, and I fear the weather won‘t change much during the next few days. Noted only in passing: Of course I’ll do you the favour, but asking me to take beautiful pictures of mountains in all their glory is a little bit like hoping a vegetarian would make beautiful photos inside a slaughterhouse — or asking a homosexual photographer to take pictures of Monica Bellucci, if you prefer this metaphor :-)

Thanks a lot to you and everyone for your attention,

Werner.
    Last edited by Werner Berghofer; 11-06-2016 at 15:33.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm Lee.

Werner, I love your space, and your kit. Excellent.

It's a shame you cannot display your album art larger on the macbook pro isn't it?
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm Werner.

Lee,

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    It's a shame you cannot display your album art larger on the macbook pro isn't it?
    yes, it would not hurt if a larger view were possible, but most of the time when listening to music I don’t sit in front of the computer to watch what’s currently happening on the screen ;-)

Werner.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm Steve.

Wow on every account.

I'm Sergio.

Nice space, Werner!

I guess you have beautiful house.
    Future is bright, great and positive.

I'm Werner.

Sergio,

Quote Originally Posted by Eisener Bart View Post
    I guess you have beautiful house.
    thank you (and all the others), but your compliments should be addressed to my Daniela, my partner. We don’t live in an independent house, but a condominium in a house plant. Daniela is the owner of the flat, I’m some kind of lodger. If I were the owner or main tenant, there would be no Buddha statues here ;-)
    Last edited by Werner Berghofer; 10-07-2016 at 12:17.

I'm Werner.

Default Update October 2017

In my new home on the North Sea coast in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany: room and system reduced to the max.

From left to right: Beyerdynamic T1 headphone, AKG K712 Pro headphone, Schiit Bifrost DAC (optical connection to the iMac), Yamaha EQ-550 graphic equalizer, Triangle Zays Esprit XS Grand Angle floor-standing speakers, Apple iMac 27", SPL Phonitor 2 pre-/headphone amplifier, four external harddisks (Firewire connection, 4 TB capacity per disk), Yamaha AX-592 in power amplifier mode with internal pre-amp disconnected.

No WAF, no cats, just huge floor-standing loudspeakers without front ;-)

I'm Bernie.

Hi Werner,

Nice photo. I lived in Flensburg for 2 years. Whereabouts are you now? I always enjoyed visiting the North Sea coast.
    Bernie.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

What happened to the WAF and cats, Werner? I loved your old place!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast