+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Garrard 401/Jelco 750D/AT95HE - Heaven!!!

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Thanks for the reply John , mine sounded dull and flat ! But after about 50 hours , its not an issue .

It does'nt always seem glaringly obvious , but i can hear the imbalance quite easily , and checking with audacity confirms it , i will refit the stylus like you suggested , and some new cartridge leads , see what happens.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm John.

P.S. If you have the original AT95 stylus still might be worth checking for channel imbalance with that too.

Hope it's something simple.

- J

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    P.S. If you have the original AT95 stylus still might be worth checking for channel imbalance with that too.

Hope it's something simple.

- J
    I don't have the original stylus , i bought the cartridge from LPgear with the HE stylus ready to go !

Its the first AT95 i have ever used god i hope it is something simple like the leads , although the cartridge hardly broke the bank , at the moment the headshell and cartridge are off the 309 and i won't be able to sort it out this weekend , my mate John is getting married in a few weeks so this afternoon we are going for a jolly in Oxford , in search of fine beverage

Tomorrow i have 3 doors to sand and paint , but for my vinyl fix i have the SL-QL1 performing brilliantly in my other system , i know most people can just about afford one decent TT but its so handy having a good 2nd deck like this .
    Chris

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Cheap AT's do sometimes have channel balance issues, as the cantilever-magnet assembly can be subtly twisted in the plastic mount, thus making the magnets slightly offset. Worth a look and if this appears to be so, send back for exchange. Getting a spare empty 95 body wouldn't hurt either, just in case it is the body after all.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Cheap AT's do sometimes have channel balance issues, as the cantilever-magnet assembly can be subtly twisted in the plastic mount, thus making the magnets slightly offset. Worth a look and if this appears to be so, send back for exchange. Getting a spare empty 95 body wouldn't hurt either, just in case it is the body after all.
    Thanks Dave

It does seem most likely and I'm going to refit my DL160 when i get a spare moment , that should be worth trying.

To be honest i don't think i will send it back to the states (LPgear) i don't fancy the hassle , just hold out for while and buy something more ambitious
    Chris

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

There's basically nowt wrong with the generator, I mean, Linn used an adapted version in the K5, 9 and 18 models and these didn't even have the PC-OCC wire of the AT110
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    There's basically nowt wrong with the generator, I mean, Linn used an adapted version in the K5, 9 and 18 models and these didn't even have the PC-OCC wire of the AT110
    Thanks Dave

I've been told off for being too anal about this and just put up and shut up , its not that bad really , both my mate John and the Wifey lol .

Its something i can tolerate , apologies for being a daftee there are worse things to worry about than a silly cartridge .
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567