+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi There...My homebuild stuff

I'm Steve.

Speechless. If manufacturers were so thorough people wouldn't mind paying the prices they charge.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm openingabottleofwine.

My God!

Erik, I'm lost for words - I think I'll just resign now. I don't think I've ever seen home built speakers that look as good as yours, and I'm sure they sound phenomenal as well. If there is an AoS award for DIY audio equipment you would win!

I need to take a lie down - phew!

Oh - welcome to AoS.

By the way, what sort of music do you like to listen to on that wonderful system of yours?

Regards
    Barry

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    My God!

Erik, I'm lost for words - I think I'll just resign now. I don't think I've ever seen home built speakers that look as good as yours, and I'm sure they sound phenomenal as well. If there is an AoS award for DIY audio equipment you would win!

I need to take a lie down - phew!

Oh - welcome to AoS.

By the way, what sort of music do you like to listen to on that wonderful system of yours?

Regards
    Indeed I am so in awe of Erik's talents that I forgot to ask that question.

Just to echo the others here the love and attention to detail you have put into those speakers (what is the other gear like inside etc, based on the speakers no doubt fantastic) is amazing. I am envious of your talents and having a workshop to exercise them in.

I am sure the system sounds incredible.

Regards D S D L

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

DIY vindicated and validated, definitely and exquisitely!
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    My God!

I don't think I've ever seen home built speakers that look as good as yours,
    Yep. Got to agree to that. Unbelievable dedication to the cause as well as attention to detail. I feel quite inadequate now.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I can only echo what everyone else has said, simply amazing. Given that it has taken approximately 1,500 hours of time, and I would expect a decent craftsman would charge at least £50 per hour, then we are looking at a pair of speakers around the 100,000 Euros mark I guess - they certainly look worth that given the attention to detail. Respect.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

Well now that's a proper introduction if ever I saw one.
    Great work Erik and a warm welcome to the forum.

And here was me chuffed to bits with my gainclone.
    Analogue: Technics SL1210 M5G, AN Arm One/II, Blue Angel Mantis MC
    Amps: Devialet 200
    Speakers: Usher Mini 2 Dancer DMD
    Cables: Supra, Mark Grant, Reference Fidelity
    DIY System Audiosector Gainclone, Salas DCB1, AudioSector MC Phono stage

I'm ILOB.

I am totally amazed by the craftmanship and level of detail you gone to For me this is beyond DIY its craftmanship, passion and dedication
    Total respect for what you achieved
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm inthescottishmafia.

+1. Absolutely fantastic! Love to hear it sometime.

I'm Glen.

Erik, truly amazing kit. I've been a DIYer for more than 40 years and could never hope to accomplish anything close to what you have achieved. I am just not that dedicated and patient. Again, oustanding work. I am in awe of your talents.
    Main system: Denon DP-59L TT with RCA sockets upgrade; Audio-Technica AT33EV; Marantz Reference SA-11S2 SACD player; Classé CP-50 with Furutech IEC power inlet upgrade; Classé DR-10 with Furutech IEC power inlet/WBT post upgrades; Classé CA-300 with Furutech IEC power inlet/WBT post upgrades; Classé RC-1; PSB Stratus Gold i speakers; DIY 3-way balanced AC mains supply; Acoustic Zen & NeoTech cables; Oyaide & Furutech power connectors; HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses; 20A dedicated AC line.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast