+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi There...My homebuild stuff

I'm Erik.

xXx-Filter in Place

I'm Erik.

First xXx in place...no need to say that it outperformed my original Avalon Eclipse like there is no-tomorrow. So those moved up to my hometheater.

I'm Erik.

Standing proud and in full glory......

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Erik, you deserve a medal m8 Talk about dedication to the cause, there just aren't smileys on here that show how totally amazed i am at your work

Utterly astonishing!

Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm John.

Erm, I have to ask Erik, how much did the speakers cost in materials?……..I don’t want to consider the labour/time
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm Erik.

Latest mods...bybees all over the place (incl Bybee Gold) and Homebrew speaker wire Mundorf Silver/Gold "with a twist"........
    Ditched the grille of each unit (including the diamond-grille).

...and still live happily ever after...

I'm Erik.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    Erm, I have to ask Erik, how much did the speakers cost in materials?……..I don’t want to consider the labour/time
    I hate this but 20.000 euro's...please do not remind me again....

I'm John.

Cough

And may I ask what proportion of that was taken up by the crossover?

From the look of the units, you’ve gone to a lot of trouble to get them looking something special, such as the mother of pearl and finish, but I imagine the same basic design could be build at a lower cost if some finish and detail were sacrificed (?)
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm Erik.

Crossover 5000 euro's....believe it or not that was a steal....ahum....honestly

The mother of pearl was done in Malasia so that was only 250 dollar (a 1000 euro's in Holland so NO WAY)
    Ebony is an outrage when you have to pay....but despite that I used it everywhere....mind you Neil Patel painted every part black on the 175.000 euro's Sentinel...

I'm John.

I’ve got that many questions it would probably be quicker for me to learn read Dutch and work my way through the site you link to

Some information on the crossover would be cool if you have it to hand.

-Bertrand Russel

John.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast