+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi There...My homebuild stuff

I'm John.

Deeply impressed mate and believe me, I don’t impress easily.
    I’ve seen endless totally pointless pics of peoples systems on here which give absolutely no indication of how the system sounds and a great deal more about the priority of looks.
    This lot on the other hand; well who cares how it sounds, the fact you’ve built it puts you head and shoulders above the “look what my money bought” crew.

It all looks gorgeous Erik and for the first time on this forum I am actually envious, your skill and imo taste is outstanding
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm Will.

What John said...

Now where's that thread about 'how happy are you with your main stereo', I need to knock a few points off mine after seeing that kit
    Cheers, Will

I'm Nick.

Wow... gorgeous!

Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Neil.

Oh my...... What an incredible looking system and components. Well done., very well done. I am lost for words. Other than to say welcome to AOS Erik

Regards D S D L

I'm Erik.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    Wow, some nice looking kit! Don't tell me you designed & built the speakers to? They don't look small either
    Yes I actully did, it is a scaled down version of the Avalon Sentinel.
    Around 170 cm height. It took me 2 hours a day for 2 years to build it.
    (I pretty much have built my own system over the years).

I use the Accuton Thiel units: Diamond Tweeter D-20, Ceramique C-79 in the top cabinet, Ceramique C-95 in the mid cabinet and Ceramique C-220 (2x) in the lower cabinet.

I am afraid the building link on the dutch forum is in dutch but my the day-to-day pictures (hundreds) are available to non forummers.

http://www.htforum.nl/yabbse/index.php?topic=8497.0

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

It was well worth doing, any chance of getting a few more pics up of things?
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Erik.

I will give it a try tonight......maybe it is getting the wrong thread now...

I'm Neil.

+ 1 Mr Google translate was helpful too.

I am seriously impressed.

Regards D S D L

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Oh my...... What an incredible looking system and components. Well done., very well done. I am lost for words. Other than to say welcome to AOS Erik

Regards D S D L
    A definite +1 from me as well. I'm still at the bodging stage and really ought to get round to building a kit at some point. Even a Naim/Avondale style ZAP 250 using used bits would be a start

Erik, when you've settled in, please would you be kind enough to explain each item in a bit more depth, what circuit topology you used and why, the rationale behind it all etc.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm ILOB.

Just to echo what everyone else has said WOW!
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast