+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've gone over to the dark side :lol:

I'm Ben.

Thats a really nice looking pair of speakers you have there mate.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Colin.

Thanks for the postive feedback guys.

Some more progress has been made on these speakers.
    One stand is now complete with the other just needing covering.

I went over to a mate’s last night to try out a simple XO to the tweeter that he suggested. This works quite well, but we agreed the tweeter needed a little more attenuation to get the desired balance right. It was getting late so we left things as they was. At least I now have all the XO components for the full XO network so will make these up on some veroboard.

Here's some shots of the new stands with and without speakers.

I'll report more on the sound when I have the proper designed XO in place.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Very nice indeed All your work appears to be of very good quality
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Steve.

Beautiful job What height are the stands and are you going to offer them as a kit too?
    TDA7294 DIY Power Amp - PGA2311 DIY Pre-amp - Muse Mini DAC - Denon DM37DAB - Various DIY speakers

http://sites.google.com/site/stevesstuffproject/Home

I'm Colin.

Hi,
    The stands are 550mm high and yes I can offer these either as a kit or fully built with preference of finish. Both options would be built to order.

You can send me pm or email via the forum for a quote, if interested.

The design can cater for full face inlaid cover grilles or with the cut chamfers to the front baffle for exposed drivers. However, for the latter you really need a table saw or router that will take a 1" x 1" (25mm x 25mm) chamfer cutting bit. This option cannot be provided in kit form as the chamfers are cut insitu after the cabinets are fully built and glued up.

Anyone who is interested in listening to these are welcome to come over my place. Just send me a pm or email to arrange.

Hope this helps.

PS. I am in the process of communicating with a guy who is helping me set up a web site. I'll post this up (with the sanction of Marco) when this is ready.
    Last edited by Toppsy; 25-05-2011 at 10:03. Reason: Extra text added

I'm Steve.

Hi Toppsy, I've sent you a PM.
    TDA7294 DIY Power Amp - PGA2311 DIY Pre-amp - Muse Mini DAC - Denon DM37DAB - Various DIY speakers

http://sites.google.com/site/stevesstuffproject/Home

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Colin,

PS. I am in the process of communicating with a guy who is helping me set up a web site. I'll post this up (with the sanction of Marco) when this is ready.
    Post away, mate. When you get it set-up, add the URL to your signature, and we'll also feature your website in our Creative Collections section

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12