+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are all RCD's created equal?

I'm Stephen.

Default Are all RCD's created equal?

I pose the question as I am in the process of installing a balanced power supply (this one http://www.airlinktransformers.com/t...wer-supply.asp). I have a dedicated mains fed from a single 30 amp RCD in the consumer unit and was just idly wondering if there was any evidence that a particular type/manufacturer RCD was "better" in sonic terms. I am assuming not.

Steve
    Always a little further

I'm invisible.

Russ Andrews says otherwise...personally I'm not sure but have a look at what he says them make your own mind up.....
    If only it was that simple

Main System :
    Quad II/40 amps, Music First passive pre, Tannoy Stirling SE speakers, Technics 1200 + RB301, V-LPS, digital streaming from Mac mini via Lifatec Toslink to Moon 300D. Meier Corda Arietta headphone amp, Sennheiser HD650 Phones. Mark Grant i/c cables. Speaker cables, Audioquest Rocket 44 BiWire.

Ray.

I'm Stephen.

Thanks but I think he's just referring to the consumer unit he's flogging as opposed to the RCS inside.

"In light of this, Russ has recently tested a quantity of the most modern, up-to-date consumer units fitted with RCDs. He found that their performance is now comparable to the older units without RCDs - he assumes it's because the design has been changed to make RCDs even safer, with the benefit of sounding better in a Hi-Fi installation. Of the units he tested, he's selected the very best performing one and we're offering it here fitted with the correct RCD and MCB circuit breaker for a single Hi-Fi or Home Cinema circuit, fully treating the contacts with DeoxIT for better performance."

I certainly can't find an RCD for sale on his site.

Steve
    Always a little further

+ Reply to Thread