+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Traders - Your thoughts on forums

I'm Buffet-blower.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Toy View Post
    I'd be interested to hear the Puresound valve amp.
    It's very,very good Steve.
    Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: Bluesound Node 2i/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Dave.

Some interesting points here. An early experience I had on another forum nearly put me off for life. I joined and was then asked for a sum of money as I was clearly a trader. This sum was duly paid and I thought I would make my first post. I had a good look through the forum first and liked what I saw so I thought I would be a nice guy and offer all forum members a discount against my wares. This was seen by one fine upstanding member of the forum as being blatent advertising and an offence significant enough to have me flogged in public and beaten about the head with a back issue of What hifi while baying crouds watched on. Fortunately the mods just moved the post and slapped my wrists, warning me that if I did it again I would be banned from posting ever again - lucky escape eh? This surprised me somewhat as I still don't see that I did anything wrong, I thought I was doing the forum a favour while bringing a bit of business my way - that's what businesses exist for after all.
    I am glad that this forum is different, I like the attitude and approach and sincerely hope that it grows without trolls wrecking it.
    I might even offer everyone a discount voucher when I have topped up my audiophile section a bit...
    Regards and best of luck to all,
    Dave.

The trolls will get bored + we are dealing with them.

I might even offer everyone a discount voucher
    Who are we to look a gift horse in the mouth?

Some poor bugger emailed me earlier today enquiring about some of my amps. I adviced him to ask at forums because asking me if they are good is a bit of a waste of time

Anyway he made the mistake of signing on and asking at wigwam, the only surprise is his thread lasted about an hour before disapearing without trace. Not very efficient sensorship to let it linger for an hour

There also seems to be an interesting saga developing there about Mr C. The WW owner has put up a disclaimer about something that looks a bit nasty. Whats going on Mr C - if you can share, by PM if you wish

(edit) Thread has now reappeared (wanted to put emoticon with question marks over its head, but you cant use emoticons on edit, why?)
    Last edited by WikiBoy; 09-02-2008 at 23:07.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456