+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attitude to work

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Jerry.

If there is one thing I don't miss its petty office squabbles and cliques. I have been dragged into many disputes in past jobs and had to hand out my fair share of bollickings.

Now I only have the cat to shout at.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm David.

We have just finished out first full year as an ltd ...
    Loved every minute of it (Even dealing with David Brook ) we have turned over enough money for me to have earned a wage that has been enough to support (just about) my self and for the last 6 months Hannah without to much worry (just after Xmas and the begining April things got hairy, but we had enough money in the company to support it ... We get new clients moat weeks now ... Admitedly a lot through an agency ... But a lo off our own back! Despite the ressesion the company apears to still be growing... It's very stressful, very hard work, but actually I find it only makes me work better! I love it, and feel so greatful to be in a position to do what I love and spend every day learning new skills in web design and development ... And with the forum (although it doesn't make any money) I'm learning and improving my photography seemingly quite quickly too!
    Couldn't be happier!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Martin.

Hi Hamish

Great to hear you're doing well mate. Nothing like making it for yourself not a corporate schill like me
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    We have just finished out first full year as an ltd ...
    Loved every minute of it (Even dealing with David Brook ) we have turned over enough money for me to have earned a wage that has been enough to support (just about) my self and for the last 6 months Hannah without to much worry (just after Xmas and the begining April things got hairy, but we had enough money in the company to support it ... We get new clients moat weeks now ... Admitedly a lot through an agency ... But a lo off our own back! Despite the ressesion the company apears to still be growing... It's very stressful, very hard work, but actually I find it only makes me work better! I love it, and feel so greatful to be in a position to do what I love and spend every day learning new skills in web design and development ... And with the forum (although it doesn't make any money) I'm learning and improving my photography seemingly quite quickly too!
    Couldn't be happier!

Really pleased to hear that Hamish

Regards D S D L

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Well done Hamish and Good luck in the future, i would love to get into photography a bit more but as always its time and too many hobbies on the go already so i just tend to point and shoot on Auto with a selection of different lenses
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

MartinT Guest

Great news, Hamish. Have you given up the hi-fi/TV store job, then?

I keep meaning to join your forum but, to be honest, I feel a little inadequate as a photographer.

I'm David.

Cheers Martin!

Nope, still do a day a week in the shop Martin ... To be honest it's becoming more and more of a pain in the ass ... I usually have to make up for the lost hours ... But I just can't let go... It's just an enjoyable thing to do a day a week ... I'll have to pack it in soon I suppose ... the perks of having a direct conection to the trade are quite a sticking point too

You shouldn't feel inadequate ... This is a factor that seems to put people off photography forums ... I can assure you we are all very welcoming and happy to help should you need it! ... It's really a great way to learn and get to grips with kit and what you want to achieve etc ... I learn new stuff on there most days ... Besides, some one of our members joined his only camera was an iPhone ... We have beginners to pros ... No one is judged, just helped to learn more and get better! And if for nothing else, we have Photographers from oz, south Africa, the west coast of USA, Germany ... All over so there is lot of interesting and inspiring photography to look at!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm John.

Who says I’ve got an attitude at work…tossers! I don’t have an attitude allright! Its you bunch of w@nk*rs.

I know what I’m doing and if you lot stayed behind those over sized desks and played with yer bloody pens an dicks as usual and let me get on with it the way I do it will be sorted allright!!

Don’t know shit, paper pushing fairies.

Oooops sry, didn’t read the caption properly…attitude to work eh

Needless to say I work for myself
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    You shouldn't feel inadequate ... This is a factor that seems to put people off photography forums ... I can assure you we are all very welcoming and happy to help should you need it!
    Ok, you've convinced me. I've registered

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Ok, you've convinced me. I've registered
    Me too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast