+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nordost FREY interconnects

I'm tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post
    To answer the original question, the Frey is a different cable than the usual "house sound" that Nordost are notorious for. They don't have that thin bass and shrill top end and that too goes for all their cables ranged above the Frey but not I am afraid beneath.

Pound for sound though the MG cable betters it.
    I have used Solar Wind, Blue Heaven and now Red Dawn for many years
    and if that is what you are hearing then there is something seriously wrong with the rest of your system, room, music or ears.

After spending all day in a recording studio, Nordost to me are the best at accurately reproducing musical instruments. Townshend Isolda also does the job correctly. To me other cables mask treble and are just a poor EQ

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by kt66 View Post
    I have used Solar Wind, Blue Heaven and now Red Dawn for many years
    and if that is what you are hearing then there is something seriously wrong with the rest of your system, room, music or ears.

After spending all day in a recording studio, Nordost to me are the best at accurately reproducing musical instruments. Townshend Isolda also does the job correctly. To me other cables mask treble and are just a poor EQ
    That is of course your opinion on the matter, the same as mine is of course

But, let me align my experience with yours. Having been a cable maker for a good number of years, listened to so many cables I have simply lost count, plus having a regular churn of system components, moved house a few times, attended many bakeoffs too, my opinion of the Nordost range has not varied in all that time or situations, so I fail to see how you can generalise by saying my hearing, system(s), rooms and music are all seriously wrong

If to you other cables are masking the treble, then could it be that the Nordost cables are acting as a high pass filter, hence they seem to excel in the treble registers and are blocking the lower registers.

No argument here, just each to his own I say.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Andrew,

The short answer?

Buy some Mark Grant G2000HDs. You'll obtain much better performance and save yourself a fortune!!

Marco.
    Hi,
    I was really thinking of buying a pair of Nordost Frey or Valkyrja interconnects when I stumbled on this thread.
    So now I am really questionning myself about Mark Grant's G2000HD Ag or not.
    Has anyone here compared G2000HD with Nordost, even if it was with Heimdall or Red Dawn interconnects ?
    I already do have Nordost LS Purple Flare and Blue Heaven... but I'd like to go "upstairs".
    Like Andrew, I would value any input on this... Thanks !
    Main Rig : Electrocompaniet ECI-4, Marantz NA-8005, KEF XQ20, Speaker wire : NAC A5 fitted with Oyaide SRBN, IC : I have to check properly
    Mains are Mark Levinson (Belden 19364) and Furutech G-320Ag plugged in HMS sockets

I'm Andrew.

I've got mark grant IC and I would recommend then any day over nordost.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    I've got mark grant IC and I would recommend then any day over nordost.
    Thanks Andrew.
    I was also intrigued by Reference Fidelity Component cables, although they are made of high quality Furutech µOFC cable. I already know how is Furutech own OCC signature (I just sold a pair of Furutech Alpha Line Plus), and it does not match best in my system (Wireworld and Nordost better them in 4 out of 5 aspects). Anyway, I would be interrested in anyone opinion about Paul's RFC vs Mark's GX000HD...
    Last edited by marble; 19-02-2015 at 17:13.
    Main Rig : Electrocompaniet ECI-4, Marantz NA-8005, KEF XQ20, Speaker wire : NAC A5 fitted with Oyaide SRBN, IC : I have to check properly
    Mains are Mark Levinson (Belden 19364) and Furutech G-320Ag plugged in HMS sockets

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by marble View Post
    Hi,
    I was really thinking of buying a pair of Nordost Frey or Valkyrja interconnects when I stumbled on this thread.
    So now I am really questionning myself about Mark Grant's G2000HD Ag or not.
    Has anyone here compared G2000HD with Nordost, even if it was with Heimdall or Red Dawn interconnects ?
    I already do have Nordost LS Purple Flare and Blue Heaven... but I'd like to go "upstairs".
    Like Andrew, I would value any input on this... Thanks !
    I wouldn't do it. Another option to place into the mix;-

http://http://www.back-promo.co.uk/html/222connect-litz.html

I'm Phil.

hi marble
    the rfc cables are excellent . beautifully made and highly rated

I have had many high end cables and really rate them , I have a mark grant 2000 hd wbt arriving soon so will keep you posted

the lat 300 is also very good vfm s/h and pretty good

the back promo I have had too and they were excellent
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Andrew.

I also own Yannis 222 interconnects. They are my IC of choice in my £50K Refernce system. Excellent value for money and very very hard to beat
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    hi marble
    I have a mark grant 2000 hd wbt arriving soon so will keep you posted
    Me too.
    Just received Nordost Red Dawn today, so pratically, I will roll IC cables soon.
    How's Yannis 222 (back promo) compared to Mark Grant G2000HD Ag (or Cu) ?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by marble View Post
    Just received Nordost Red Dawn today
    Nice. I like Nordost cables.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast