+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sony DASR1 DAC Diy help please !

I'm Richard.

Default Sony DASR1 DAC Diy help please !

Hello ! I have upgraded My old Sony Dac DASr1. I have a little problem. I want to change the op amp on the current/voltage sections after the two TDA1541 S1 chips. But i don't know if i can change the op amp with a single channel op amp or with a stereo op amp. In Some forum I have the lme49710 and in other forum lme49720

It's very hard to find the good information help me please !

For the possessor of this fantastic DAC, the last cap on the analogic board the famous black Soshin mkt is a 7.2mF value. i have replaced that by MKp sa cap red series. I have replaced too the AD712 by a Op2134 in LPF section. I have more precise scene and open space. Magical timbre ! I also changed the capacitors around the TDA 1541 with Rodenstein MKP 470NF. Amazing !

Help me please to reach the nirvana !
    sorry for my bad english...

I'm Nobody.

Richard
    Your best bets PM Marco, he'll let you know what he's had done to his

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by earear View Post
    Hello ! I have upgraded My old Sony Dac DASr1. I have a little problem. I want to change the op amp on the current/voltage sections after the two TDA1541 S1 chips. But i don't know if i can change the op amp with a single channel op amp or with a stereo op amp. In Some forum I have the lme49710 and in other forum lme49720

It's very hard to find the good information help me please !

For the possessor of this fantastic DAC, the last cap on the analogic board the famous black Soshin mkt is a 7.2mF value. i have replaced that by MKp sa cap red series. I have replaced too the AD712 by a Op2134 in LPF section. I have more precise scene and open space. Magical timbre ! I also changed the capacitors around the TDA 1541 with Rodenstein MKP 470NF. Amazing !

Help me please to reach the nirvana !
    sorry for my bad english...
    Hi

There are 2 op-amps per channel to change. I found the best combination was AD825 and LME49720/LME49710

I have not looked at the circuit for some time, and I believe the LME replacement is a dual type.

If you can upload a couple of images to Art of Sound, then I am sure my memory will spring back.

I have done many modifications to the DAS-R1, had 2 DAC's and sold the last of the a year or so ago.

Best,
    Mark
    Mark @ Audiocom, Wales UK - 01646 650008

Website

Facebook

Twitter

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Richard - could you kindly pop into the Welcome area and do an introductory post, please? Tell us a little about your system and music tastes if you wouldn't mind - as you have seen, we have a community of helpful and friendly audio people here at AoS but we do like people to introduce themselves so we can get to know you a little before you "get stuck in" - cheers, and welcome to the forum.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Richard.

Wink

Thank you Mark and Alex ! For the foto of the inside i found that on internet.

http://vasiltech.nm.ru/foto/TDA1541/...AS-R1_dasc.jpg

http://usr.audioasylum.com/images/y2...DAC_inside.JPG.

I post photo in a week of my DAC if you want. I go this week end at high end hifi show in Lyon France. I think to create a Blog with some photo for us.

+ Reply to Thread