+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: toslink doesnt fit

I'm Martin.

Yes its an issue I keep an eye on. Sometimes the cheaper looking plastic connectors are a better fit

I have one cable still in service from Cambridge Audio bought earlier in the days of Toslink. The outer ends are gold plated and so heavy that it doesnt seat well in the socket because the two ribs dont hold it well. There is no satisfying click in. I have fashioned a prop for it with a rod and white tack. It goes in and the cable does the job but I feel if I was just to breathe on it, it would fall out...the prop does its job in preventing this

Not happy with it though and this thread reminds me I must get a better fitting lighter head. I mean gold plating the outer with a bulky metal end is just ridiculous Im not too happy with the standard toslink socket and feel they could be more solidly designed

Ive noticed some of the qed marketing and they did scart and toslink marketed for games consoles. I got the ps2 connector and scart and its good quality. Im wary of marketing. Ive bought some nice QED leads mainly used but if I see a cheaper cable that looks suitable I buy the cheaper cable

There is a lot of hype in toslink cables. I just bought the first one I was handed. I buy cheaper ones now which I find just as good.

Cheers
    Martin
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 13-05-2017 at 20:35.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by colinB View Post
    Just bought a fancy QED optical cable for my Ps3 Its actualy branded for Playstation and sold at a stupid price but i thought i was smart buying it for a tenner.
    Blow me the thing doesnt fit either end. It doesnt click in properly and just wobbles about. Cant believe it.
    Optical ends only fit one way ie there is a need to rotate the optical end until it matches the end
    being inserted into. But if that is done and it's still loose then return it to where purchased, and
    if money not given back refer them to this site, so we can get agreement on a defective product
    and a resolution for you.

Have you tried any other optical cables - or is this the only one ?

Cheers / Chris

I'm Martin.

This thread is from 2011 folks
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Some things just take time

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Who gives a Tos
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Martin.

Is it from 2011?

You will have to forgive me. I work about 10 years behind which saves me money. I wonder if the op has sorted it by now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12