+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: toslink doesnt fit

I'm colin.

Default toslink doesnt fit

Just bought a fancy QED optical cable for my Ps3 Its actualy branded for Playstation and sold at a stupid price but i thought i was smart buying it for a tenner.
    Blow me the thing doesnt fit either end. It doesnt click in properly and just wobbles about. Cant believe it.

I'm Nobody.

Mine wobbles side to side but does clip in, should be a little rib moulded on the top & bottom of the connector, there not damaged are they?

I'm Mark.

There might be dust caps on the ends of the cable Colin.

have a look, they are usually clear soft pvc

It wont fit with the dust caps in place.

I'm colin.

I took the rubber bits of and the peg bit looks the same as the cable that does fit

I'm Nobody.

Which QED is it Col?

I'm colin.

Thats the funny thing they are the Playstation 3 special edition. I reckon its a re badged performance range.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by colinB View Post
    Thats the funny thing they are the Playstation 3 special edition. I reckon its a re badged performance range.
    I have a the performace optical, just plugged it in the CD player, it wobbles side to side but does click in.

I'm colin.

Thats what it does from the playstation end but at the subwoofer it doesnt even stay in.

I'm colin.

Managed to unscrew the plug a little and it now fits the subwoofer input, although if i as much as sneeze i think it will come of.

My mate had a similar issue with a QED optical cable from his SKY HD box to his Denon amp. The cable fitted into the slot but didnt seat well enough for the optical output to be read. after an hour of being baffled trying amp setting etc I decided despite the red light being visible the cable was the problem so we swapped it for a £2 one and it worked fine.
    Paul

Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio RX6 GW,Monitor audio RX centre GW,Monitor Audio BFX rears, REL QUAKE,Arcam CD73t CD ,Russ Andrews Yello mains cabling & PBJ interconnects,Sterling Black Mamba speaker cable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast