+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else play an instrument?

I'm ILOB.

I been playig for years and used to go to a lot of concerts around 100 a year at least; so my reference point has always been live music and agree most Hifi very far removed from this

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I agree, Steve. The problem is not many people can handle genuine realistic sound with hi-fi and prefer something that sounds 'nicer'. The dynamic impact of real instruments is quite shocking and almost impossible for conventional drive units on speakers to reproduce, so what you end up with is a more palatable, rounded-off, rendition of the sound.

Playing a musical instrument I guess introduces you to how real instruments ACTUALLY sound, and it's not the type of sound people imagine or what most hi-fi systems reproduce!

Marco.
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm InSpace.

I play guitar, have done for 30 years... sometimes really well, often terribly!

I occasionally dabble with digeridoo (is that how it's spelt?).
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm ILOB.

i have the same problem with the guitar
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

I'm Nick.

I wish I could play the guitar. I played the cello badly when I was a kid but never got into it because it wasn't an instrument that featured in music I liked. In recent years I've got into bluegrass, flat-picking and country guitar... when I find more time to fit such endeavours in I'd love to be able to learn and play a bit for my own pleasure...
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm ILOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    I wish I could play the guitar. I played the cello badly when I was a kid but never got into it because it wasn't an instrument that featured in music I liked. In recent years I've got into bluegrass, flat-picking and country guitar... when I find more time to fit such endeavours in I'd love to be able to learn and play a bit for my own pleasure...
    For me its was learning to play Django tunes and playing with friends that opened things up a bit, just go for it if you have the time it changed for me how I appreciate music

I'm BigBobJoylove.

I play the keyboard, piano, slight touch of the guitar and a little drums. I prefer the challenge of recording and mastering rather than the playing itself though.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    I play the keyboard, piano, slight touch of the guitar and a little drums. I prefer the challenge of recording and mastering rather than the playing itself though.
    I think my interest in recording and archiving stuff is driven by an acceptance that while I love music, I can't play it. I guess I'm trying to capture and preserve the creative element. You're lucky to have both!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Phil.

Paper & comb,seriously underated instrument.
    Phil's bits & pieces

Rega Saturn R...Rega 3/Linn k9...Leema Tucana 2...Neat Ultimatum mf5...Squeezebox Touch/Teddy Pardo power supply...Teddy Pardo Dac...nva sound cords...Gotham speaker cable bi-wire.

I play one of these...

And one of these...

And one of these...

Through one of these...

And I have one of these...

I'm Shane.

I'm a competent whistler.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast