+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fidelity Research FR64x

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Default Fidelity Research FR64x

Think I'd better start again as I've taken so long to take the photos...

Fidelity Research FR64fx for sale:

Still considered by many to be the BEST removable headshell arm available, better than the previous incarnation the FR64s. In black as they all are - (EDIT: That's not actually true, they made a matt silver one too I've since discovered).

(more photos available)

In great shape with smooth bearings, no play etc

Silver internal wire (original) and original external lead (don't know what this is made from). Headshell is as originally supplied by Absolute Sounds (according to the original owner) but to me is just a standard, light headshell in silver.

Legend of an arm and sought after too - asking £750 to take into account the headshell (as opposed to the more usual £900+ normally asked).
    Last edited by nat8808; 02-05-2011 at 23:25. Reason: Should be FR64fx..

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by nat8808 View Post
    Think I'd better start again as I've taken so long to take the photos...

Fidelity Research FR64x for sale:

Still considered by many to be the BEST removable headshell arm available, better than the previous incarnation the FR64s (if only they made the FR64x in stainless steel..). In black as they all are.

the x is the alloy arm tube ?,

is this the same as the the FX model,

i have a review of both the fx and the s side by side from one of the hi fi choice year books, both get very good reviews... it looks very nice.
    collector and DIY user of old british triode valves

Open baffles / single ended diy px4 and px25 valve amps

Default FR64fx

Hi,

Yes it is - I've been mis-typing that all along and missing out the 'f'..

Who are the reviews from, a Hifi Choice tonearm review book? I'll see if I can find reviews online. -- edit: err.. I see you told me that already!

I've just added in another photo to show..

I'm Nobody.

I thought this would have sold by now..they are really nice arm..
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 09-05-2011 at 23:07.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Nat,

Thanks for your PM, btw

This is a really nice arm, but sadly I'm looking for an FR64S, the high-mass version, to suit my SPU. Something like this, although I doubt I'll go for this particular one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I didn't realise initially that the FR64x was rather different.

Good luck with the sale, though - I'm sure that someone will snap it up soon!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I thought this would have sold by now..they are really nice arm..
    Unfortunately that's my fault as I'd only just taken photos and not advertised it in many places.. not very good at the selling lark.

That's ok - thanks for the good wishes.

The FR64S is excellent for the SPU because it is so heavy but unfortunately there's a lot of money thrown around in that end of the market, SPUs, early Levinson gear, FR64S's and so prices are quite high. Shame really that it goes that way and often prices people out.

I only say the FR64fx is better mainly because it works better with a wider range of carts due to being lighter - good with Koetsus and also good with my AT ART1.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Nat,

Thanks for your PM, btw

This is a really nice arm, but sadly I'm looking for an FR64S, the high-mass version, to suit my SPU. Something like this, although I doubt I'll go for this particular one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I didn't realise initially that the FR64x was rather different.

Good luck with the sale, though - I'm sure that someone will snap it up soon!

Marco.

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by nat8808 View Post
    also good with my AT ART1.
    Hmmm... I have one of those.

Very tempting!!!
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

Nice aren't they! Mine was new/old stock from about 1996 (they seemed to have continued to make them for a long while) so even got to hear it from new and is probably still breaking in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast